PDA

View Full Version : Renault Immobiliser

mikeymikewakey
14-05-2007, 21:40
Is it normal to have to wait approx 30 seconds till you hear the sound of a relay kicking in before you can use your key fob to disarm the renault immobiliser?

Mine seems to be very temperamental and works everytime after the relay kicking in but not before.

Is there a way I can by pass the immobiliser and remove it all together or is it not possible with it being a phase 2 and runs through the ECU?

Thanks

Mike

northy
15-05-2007, 07:47
not sure about your problem - but i recenlty removed a coded phase 2 ecu and replaced it with a phase one fine....removed the imobaliser issues i had.

mon
15-05-2007, 22:20
i think you can get it disabled at reno . with there computer . (xr25)

mikeymikewakey
16-05-2007, 20:58
Well ive just had the most awful day ever as my immobiliser officially packed in this morning. Permanently!

I rang renault to get the emergency code as a temporary measure, so I can override the immobiliser via the central locking button on the centre console. They wanted £35 quid for that - told them to forget that and was disgusted that they wanted that much to tap a few of my details in a computer.
They cant remove the immobiliser via any computers - this is a myth according to renault.

The aerial has leaked and the ir receiver on the roof is quite badly damaged so Ive ordered a new ir receiver from renault today. £40 inc vat, wasnt as bad as i thought - so im hoping this will cure it as the corrosion was quite bad and with the rain we've had for the last week, i think its finally fooked it.

If this doesnt work im stuck for ideas, cos i dont wanna disarm the immobiliser really if i dont have to (which is what an auto-electrician would do). I also dont wanna go to renault cos they'll charge me an absolute mint for a new key etc and coding for the system.

Any ideas anyone if this doesnt work?

Mike

big hp
16-05-2007, 22:54
As northy said, phase 1 ecu, removes immobiliser.

VIPERONE
16-05-2007, 23:54
nah mike remove the plip sensor from the roof pod.. un clip it all..then remove the circuit board. look for the 3 diodes at the front of the board...spin the board upside down and you will see 6 solder marks where the legs are held in./ you will also see that the legs have been bridged with blue/green corrosion. take a pin to destroy the bridging on each diode, remove as much corrosion as you can. the actual board is covered in a lacquer but the solder points often protrude over thedabs of solder.

it should work fine then.

i had the same problem as you.

8pm in winter on the moors...heavy snow...road thicken.. AA took 2 hours...pah.

mon
16-05-2007, 23:55
Well ive just had the most awful day ever as my immobiliser officially packed in this morning. Permanently!

I rang renault to get the emergency code as a temporary measure, so I can override the immobiliser via the central locking button on the centre console. They wanted £35 quid for that - told them to forget that and was disgusted that they wanted that much to tap a few of my details in a computer.
They cant remove the immobiliser via any computers - this is a myth according to renault.

The aerial has leaked and the ir receiver on the roof is quite badly damaged so Ive ordered a new ir receiver from renault today. £40 inc vat, wasnt as bad as i thought - so im hoping this will cure it as the corrosion was quite bad and with the rain we've had for the last week, i think its finally fooked it.

If this doesnt work im stuck for ideas, cos i dont wanna disarm the immobiliser really if i dont have to (which is what an auto-electrician would do). I also dont wanna go to renault cos they'll charge me an absolute mint for a new key etc and coding for the system.

Any ideas anyone if this doesnt work?

Mike

thats good to no about immobiliser .. but wot a twat if that then wot .. reno maggots silly idea

sode does that code from reno stop the immobilisr complete then?

wot if you want to put a after market alarm on?

hope the ir works mate .. my alarm stoped working and looked into a new alarm was told the bull about immobiliser

whould not noing this myself due to had remote central locking problems at weekend due to rain (no leaks) just that ir reciver was ok when not raining was going to change batterys

mon
16-05-2007, 23:57
nah mike remove the plip sensor from the roof pod.. un clip it all..then remove the circuit board. look for the 3 diodes at the front of the board...spin the board upside down and you will see 6 solder marks where the legs are held in./ you will also see that the legs have been bridged with blue/green corrosion. take a pin to destroy the bridging on each diode, remove as much corrosion as you can. the actual board is covered in a lacquer but the solder points often protrude over thedabs of solder.

i looked at that before for mine .. the mb was ok

mon
16-05-2007, 23:58
also how many times or how long do your batterys last on your pip?

VIPERONE
16-05-2007, 23:59
also the angle of the diodes affects it.. you will see 2 plastic mini prongs at the front of each diode...the diodes need to be angle forward ie resting on the prongs

mon
17-05-2007, 00:02
also the angle of the diodes affects it.. you will see 2 plastic mini prongs at the front of each diode...the diodes need to be angle forward ie resting on the prongs

a pic whould help on this one mate ..do you mean the 3 black sensors on mb?

VIPERONE
17-05-2007, 00:11
yeah pictures paint a thousand words!!!

3 x infra red diodes front of mb

mon
17-05-2007, 00:14
yeah pictures paint a thousand words!!!

3 x infra red diodes front of mb

so it is the 3 diodes then? i straghtend mine up do they need to lean forward?

VIPERONE
17-05-2007, 00:16
yes

they need to lean forward ..there are 2little black prongs infront of each diode you will see...

they must need to be at the correct angle...i straightened mine and was annoyed when the unit wouldnt work,....then messed and found out it was the angle

mon
17-05-2007, 00:20
yes

they need to lean forward ..there are 2little black prongs infront of each diode you will see...

they must need to be at the correct angle...i straightened mine and was annoyed when the unit wouldnt work,....then messed and found out it was the angle

ah right will try mate .. was ok thill rain .. must be rain on windows .. ok when dry .. can open doors over a meter away then

mikeymikewakey
18-05-2007, 18:44
Well i did what gunner advised and it allowed it to work again but was still temperamental and it wouldnt still allow me to use the central locking from outside the car....but now....courtesy of part # 77 00 835 095

its working again, better than when I first bought it. And i can now use the central locking from outside the car, not that I need to now I have a TOAD fitted but never mind aye.

NO MORE IMMOBILISER PROBLEMS! WOOHOO!

Mike

1995clio16v
18-05-2007, 18:58

Gunner,

Are you saying do this then the immobilser will be removed? Or am I missing something?

I have had this problem on my phase II immobiliser where the circuit board gets pissed wet through and it wont disarm. Originally when it first happened I took it to renault and they charged me £85 + Vodka And Tonic to sort it.

It happened on me last week but I just took the circuit board inside the house put a hairdryer to it and dryed it out.

Took it back out to the car and it was sorted although very tempremental.

So I took it back inside the house and let it dry overnight and it worked fine next morning. No more problems.

Im now having the lot hang down until I get my sunroof sorted cause this is what causes the problem.

VIPERONE
19-05-2007, 09:47
aye, wrap the board in cling film or a waterproof bag...

for your sun room..buy 3 metres of 3mm silicon vacuum hose.....then push it in to the sunroof seal recess.. should keep the water away- you cant use your sun roof though lol

1995clio16v
20-05-2007, 21:56
aye, wrap the board in cling film or a waterproof bag...

for your sun room..buy 3 metres of 3mm silicon vacuum hose.....then push it in to the sunroof seal recess.. should keep the water away- you cant use your sun roof though lol

When you destroy the bridging you cant use the sunroof?

Think Im gonna have a go.

Do most with phase II's put a phase 1 ecu in and do away with the immobiliser to stop all these problems?