PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seat subframes

VIPERONE
14-05-2007, 18:42
i have a pair of cobra buckets and subframes specifically for the clio mk1/cobra seats.

I have removed the willilams 2 seat runners and nothing lines up at all!

are there differences between the ph1 and ph2 runners!?

bass_direct
14-05-2007, 18:46
yeah there are differences..

Clio_GTT
14-05-2007, 18:57
yeah there are differences..

Really ? I can't see the shell being different and i know of lots of people sticking phase 2 seats into a phase 1 etc

VIPERONE
14-05-2007, 19:16
the mountings are the same... the runners i presume are bolted on to the ph1 / 2 seats in different locations

Clio_GTT
14-05-2007, 19:17
the mountings are the same... the runners i presume are bolted on to the ph1 / 2 seats in different locations

Do you still use parts of the clio runners then ?

VIPERONE
14-05-2007, 19:19
the runners unbolt from the actual seat mechanism then you bolt the sub frames to the runners..however mine dont line up lol

bass_direct
14-05-2007, 19:26
yeah you can stick in phase 2 seats in phase 1 etc, as the shell of the car is the same, but the actual runners that bolt onto the seat are in slightly different positions, for example bolting a williams seat (which are all phase 2 seats) onto a phase 1 frame will not work...

jay s
14-05-2007, 19:35
yep ph1 and 2's have diffferent mounting holes where seats mount to runners. gunner i had exactly the same problem with the sparco subframes, i have ph2 runners and they did'nt line up so i had to take a drill to the nice new subframes to make them fit :D

VIPERONE
14-05-2007, 19:43
http://www.legendarytv.com/the_a-team/images/George_Peppard_hannibal_2.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together

Swervin_Mervin
14-05-2007, 21:32
yep ph1 and 2's have diffferent mounting holes where seats mount to runners. gunner i had exactly the same problem with the sparco subframes, i have ph2 runners and they did'nt line up so i had to take a drill to the nice new subframes to make them fit :D

<thread hijack>

Jay, where'd you get the Sparco subframes from? Got a set of Torinos to fit and mine's a ph1.

2 live
14-05-2007, 21:39
get the drill out lad

richy
14-05-2007, 22:35
oh yes lol, i had to adapt mine to fit ph2s, then eventually when i had to swap the runners i found they fitted perfect to ph1 runners! :lol:

jay s
14-05-2007, 23:12

<thread hijack>

Jay, where'd you get the Sparco subframes from? Got a set of Torinos to fit and mine's a ph1.

got mine from tweeks but ive just had a look and it seem they are out of stock, give them a ring tho as im sure they can order a set in. make sure you tell them you want mk1 clio frames as they sent me a mk2 frame first :roll:

Matt_16v
15-05-2007, 09:12
can you fit side mounted seats onto these frames??

Swervin_Mervin
15-05-2007, 20:27

<thread hijack>

got mine from tweeks but ive just had a look and it seem they are out of stock, give them a ring tho as im sure they can order a set in. make sure you tell them you want mk1 clio frames as they sent me a mk2 frame first :roll:

Cheers Jay.