PDA

View Full Version : Megane B.End With Valver Head

mikeymikewakey
14-05-2007, 07:19
What is the benefit of using a Meggy bottom end with a valver head?
Thanks

Mike

MAXIBOY
14-05-2007, 09:07
megane head is to much work. valver head is cheap and in plentiful supply. willy head is slightly better as it has bigger inlet valves.

mikeymikewakey
14-05-2007, 18:30
but what about the megane bottom end? lol

Are there are benefits to using a megane bottom end over a valver bottom end if im using a valver head?

Mike

VIPERONE
14-05-2007, 18:44
very little mate.
I run that spec and its fairly quick

Clio_GTT
14-05-2007, 18:53
but what about the megane bottom end? lol

Are there are benefits to using a megane bottom end over a valver bottom end if im using a valver head?

Mike

Yes, of course there is, the extra cc and power

mikeymikewakey
14-05-2007, 18:59
Would I need to make any modifications to either the megane bottom end or the valver head to make them marry up and function with each other?

Id be having some head work anyway if I went this route.

Mike

white16valver
14-05-2007, 19:10
Somewhat topical given that Mat's posted it up in the other forum, but didn't his/Adi's flying red one have 2.0 BE and 1.8 head?

Clio_GTT
14-05-2007, 19:10
Would I need to make any modifications to either the megane bottom end or the valver head to make them marry up and function with each other?

Id be having some head work anyway if I went this route.

Mike

No, they just bolt together with a williams or megane headgasket etc.

Apparently the 16v is a better head to start with if you're going to have headwork as there is more "meat" to work with

matty
15-05-2007, 21:48
If you get a complete megane F7R engine, use the valves in the valver head as they are bigger than a williams uses.

Only problem with using a megane BE is be careful which one you use. Mine was the laster 714 and it only uses 2 wires and not 3 which means you don't get your oil level and oil temp gauges working, only the oil pressure gauge works. I believe you don't have this problem is you use the 710 BE.

summeh
15-05-2007, 21:52
If you get a complete megane F7R engine, use the valves in the valver head as they are bigger than a williams uses.

Only problem with using a megane BE is be careful which one you use. Mine was the laster 714 and it only uses 2 wires and not 3 which means you don't get your oil level and oil temp gauges working, only the oil pressure gauge works. I believe you don't have this problem is you use the 710 BE.

I'm running a 714 bottom end and have the Oil Level+Temp gauge working fine.

Just use the Williams sender instead.