PDA

View Full Version : ABS Ring size for 16V

mikeymikewakey
12-05-2007, 18:05
im looking for new rear discs as I have sent the EBC ones back. Renault dont stock ABS rings as a seperate unit for the rears and i would have had to buy the discs. Ive already got the bearings aswell hence why im trying to find some discs that come with the rings.

Ive been looking on www.europerformance.co.uk
and they list 2 size ABS rings for the 16V and williams?

The sizes are 72.5mm and 75.1mm...this seems a little odd as i thought they would have all been the same size - anyone have any ideas?

Heres the link;

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=blackdiamondgroove ddiscsrear&car=renaultclio&manufacturer=blkdi&sub_category=1

VIPERONE
12-05-2007, 19:15
pah abs-- remove it..its heavy and useless on a clio

mikeymikewakey
12-05-2007, 19:33
How would I go about doing that gunner?

Mike

VIPERONE
12-05-2007, 19:35
havent got a clue.. imsure it would be a matter of disconnecting the abs block and reconnecting the brake pipes as per normal.

MAXIBOY
12-05-2007, 19:41
yes i think its just a case of removing abs unit and remaking the brake lines. but i think the rear bias valve is different on abs cars.

VIPERONE
12-05-2007, 19:44
i'd even remove that- for the use it is.. they often seize up internally.

proportioning valves are where its at lol

MAXIBOY
12-05-2007, 19:45
yeah if your not running passengers about i agree.

VIPERONE
12-05-2007, 19:48
good point... or carrying 100 kg of ballast...if the bias is adjustable in car then it shouldnt be a prob.

he says ...........

mikeymikewakey
12-05-2007, 20:00
So its possible to improve the braking on the rear by adjusting the bias on these? The fronts always seem a bit keen.

And i have to admit, the ABS is shite...i dunno why its on there. The last valver i had was good but this is very weak.

Mike

MAXIBOY
12-05-2007, 20:03
yes the bias is a limiter that allows more rear braking as the car gets more weight in and lowers. the back end of the clio is light so the bias stops the rear over braking when empty but allows more when your passengered up. if you lower the rear and dont carry passenger you can adjust it manually till it locks up then just wind it back a bit.