PDA

View Full Version : Another Wheel Question

1995clio16v
10-05-2007, 19:59
Right,

Just looked at me tyres tonight and they are pretty much ****ed, ready for changing.

Theyre proxes and I love em however the wear rate is shocking!

Dont get me wrong I drive it hard so its to be expected.

Whats the wear rate like on goodyear eagle F1's as I know a lot on here run them? I.e better than proxes?

Also the the insides are wearing shockingly bad. Is there anyway I can reduce this or is it the price I pay for lowering!?

Would camber correcting bolts help?

Cheers
Leigh

nyk
10-05-2007, 20:36
I cant remember what the proper figures are, but arent you supposed to have your tracking set at like 2 degrees toe in to prevent the wear on the inside?

F1's are good, mine seem to be lasting forever.

:D

1995clio16v
10-05-2007, 20:47
Firstly the thread should say 'tyre'!

Ooooh!

I dont know about that. Not really familiar with numbers on tracking.

The NSF seems to wear more excessive the the OSF, a lot more!

Has anyone any experience of differences between proxes and F1's, i.e used them both.

Pros and cons?

Dont get me wrong proxes are awesome, I love them just interested to know peoples opinions on diff between the 2.

Swervin_Mervin
10-05-2007, 21:13
Noy used Proxes but used F1s a couple of times and PE2s and F1 are my faves by a fair margin.

El_Douglito
10-05-2007, 22:34
It’s been about a week since the change from Toyo to Goodyear and I am absolutely shocked at how much better Eagle F1s are. This is from a grip and responsiveness perspective and the added confidence I now have when it rains (which has done pretty much constantly in Plymouth for about the last 3 days).

From a wear rate point of view, my Proxies lasted about 4 months and only did about 5k before the shoulder of both fronts ran to pretty much slick. Not too sure of the difference in brands though, as the Eagles have only just been fitted. I’m hoping I’ll get a bit more life out of them.

Doug

Daz.
10-05-2007, 23:24
I'm quite harsh on the outsides of tyres (more so now I'm back to driving a boat :D )

Noticed the F1's like to wear quite quickly if your quite an enthusiastic driver - had a few mentions come mot time about the walls but the tyres themselves have lasted quite well

ollie16v
11-05-2007, 09:48
Used proxis and your right the wear rate is shocking but thats why they are so cheap. Currently using bridgestone re720s these are fantastic and fare better than toyos imo. I think they have a better grip level and wear much btter. :D

Tommo
11-05-2007, 12:36
F1's are the best tyre I have used, I wouldn't go for anything else now, and they are a good price too.

white16valver
14-05-2007, 18:51
I've had both proxes and F1s in 185/55/15 and wouldn't go back to proxes I don't think, not even as a cheap track tyre.

They just roll over too much, to the point that they don't 'bite' on turn-in.

F1s seem to be a lot more solid and give m confidence, especially in the wet as you can just drive like it's dry! 8)

Wear rate is ok on the F1s - I can get an easy 10k out of the fronts driving normally day to day with a bit of a blast here and there.

Mine's not lowered though so I'm not sure about inside edge wear - you'll get that whatever tyre you have if you don't sort the camber out to nearer what it's supposed to be lol

1995clio16v
14-05-2007, 18:55
So are camber correcting bolts the answer or a waste of money?

white16valver
14-05-2007, 18:59
I can't speak as the voice of experience but they're the only way to improve the camber situation without going back to standard I imagine! lol