PDA

View Full Version : CHIP WIZARDS UPDATE

VIPERONE
21-05-2005, 21:36
Wayne has been in touch and said the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------

No need to use RE Perfance any more as I have my own dyno cell in Milnrow almost finished. It's a real pukka job too!

I've had to sell my soul to the devil to buy all the gear in it though....

I offer 10% discount for club members anyway now so that they will 'spread the good word'.

I can't do anything next week but I can the following one.

e-mail is generally the best way to get in contact lately.

Cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So men....there we have it 10% discount for Williamsclio members :-D
which is £35 off.. not bad at all..

richy
21-05-2005, 21:59
nice one gunner im sure there will be a few ppl having this done off here :)

BRUN
22-05-2005, 00:01
what exactly do they do ?

is it a chip mapped for your car on the rollers ?.......how much is a re-programme ?

Martin
22-05-2005, 00:04
Yes mapped on the rollers....usually costs 350 notes but I believe Wayne is doing a 10% discount for club members...see thread in technical forum..

BRUN
22-05-2005, 00:31
is it stand alone ?

cos for that kind of money it should be

2 live
22-05-2005, 00:37
lol.....have you seen the price of a decent standalone ecu??? were talkin £800 upwards lol

but no its not standalone mate......just the next best thing, std ecu mapped to suit ur car by a genius recommended by ecu manufacturers..........and 2 live...hehe cant get a higher accolade lol

BRUN
22-05-2005, 00:41
lol

is the chip removable jon ?....or do they programme the chip thats already in the ECU

2 live
22-05-2005, 00:46
no mate.he replaces the std chip with his own...

a re-map by wayne goes summat like this.

get the ecu out the car and remove the chip, download the std map onto lap top, fit new reprogrammable chip in ecu, run car off std map on pc, mapping while on rollers, first thing to do...set the rev limit.........then the mapping can start.....

took about 4-5 hours in my case....excellent VFM and there is none better imo....altho some ppl seem to have other opinions, but i have yet to see their true worth tbh

BRUN
22-05-2005, 01:09
so as its done on the rollers what extra bhp and torque did yours make ?

was a power run done for a before and after

VIPERONE
22-05-2005, 02:03
further update:

Go through the lights towards Rochdale. Turn first left into Moorhouse Fold. Unit is 30 yards on the left.

Anything 2WD up to 900bhp.

a rolling road within a mile of my house :-) should be a good one if its his....

2 live
22-05-2005, 11:32
brun mate. the power differences were......i lost about 1bhp at peak power, but gained about 7-8 bhp throughout most of the rev range.

the torque is where the main difference is..with a peak of 115 @ the wheels @ 4250 rpm b4 map, the torque dropped off rapidly after the 4250 peak.............now however, peak torque is 121 lb/ft at 4500 rpm, and it holds the torque on a flat line all the way to the redline.........which is nice

the chip he uses has a connector on, unlike the std chip, so that wayne can reprogramme for any further mods without having to pull the chip out again, just has to take the lid off the ecu now

last time i spoke to him he was on with this r/r, and the kind of r/r he was trying to get is the ones that bolt to ur hubs, none of this pumped up r/r results off this boy, lol

if he says its runnin at 200+ bhp, its fukkin runnin at 200+ bhp, no need to question the guys expertise

lagerlout1
22-05-2005, 11:52
Can he do the same on any Clio i.e. my 172. ??

I wouldn't mind having mine remapped once the IK and decat are on.

2 live
22-05-2005, 13:28
yes mate..he seems pretty capable on most motors lol

BRUN
22-05-2005, 18:14
yea ive seen those rollers that go on your hub, Nick Hill was lookin at gettin some but went for normal rollers

VIPERONE
23-05-2005, 14:13
I have just visited his new unit... its very good tbh. Its accousitcally sealed, also has twin blowers spitting out 70 mph winds!, lots of fume extractors and equipment.
a very good set up!

wayne, mostly remaps executive cars, porches, ferarris,bmws.. also race cars, travels all over europe remapping.
his rollers will be operational in a couple of days time.

your ecu content is copied on to his lap top then is fettled with and downloaded to a replacement chip which is fitted via an ecu socket.
Wayne then runs your car via lap top making various changes .
he spends half a day on each car, so mass rolling road meets are a no go.
Also he will need to increase his prices slightly to cover his overheads... ie his brand new built unit....but still offer us discount.

anyway his rollers will be operational in a couple of days so he can take orders from now.. .
this is the chip to go for.... gunner

Lunner
23-05-2005, 14:21
What are the fees like for re-mapping, ie if i do further mods?

J o n
23-05-2005, 14:23

he can, but may as well tune something decent :lol:

Lunner
23-05-2005, 14:24

*sniggers*

J o n
23-05-2005, 14:27
I'm told Wayne's that good he can actually get 172's to put out 172bhp! WOW!

VIPERONE
23-05-2005, 14:33
Lunner get all your mods done first then have it done.. its more cost effective that way.

FlamingMonkey
23-05-2005, 14:37
Nice one as soon as the cams are timed hopefully before weekend, I will be pestering Mr Schoefield

MatBrown
23-05-2005, 16:15
Wonder if you would see any benefit on a standard engine?

And would he be able to put a williams map onto a 16v ECU? save me playing with the original one.

Mat.

lagerlout1
23-05-2005, 16:46

*sniggers*

HAHAHAHAHAHA You've got an RSi... :lol: :wink:

lagerlout1
23-05-2005, 16:47

I'm not interested in peak power. I want more midrange grunt :twisted: . Peak power is for boy racers and pub talk.
And my car has 148 bhp atw, which is enough for me. (I paid my local shop keeper £30 and asked him to pull a number out of a hat and I'll have it as my peak power. It's about as accurate as a rolling road... :wink: )

BRUN
23-05-2005, 17:08
sounds like a good setup then

might invest in the future, debt repayment is my priority though now

J o n
23-05-2005, 17:22

I'm not interested in peak power. I want more midrange grunt :twisted: . Peak power is for boy racers and pub talk.
And my car has 148 bhp atw, which is enough for me. (I paid my local shop keeper £30 and asked him to pull a number out of a hat and I'll have it as my peak power. It's about as accurate as a rolling road... :wink: )

nah, only pulling yer leg pal. lol. i totally agree, RR figures mean nothing, there as a rough guide to how capable the car should be. 2 live's car has always had seeminly low figure RR results where peak power in concerned, but the torque curve is stupid, just flatlines from 4'500 to redline at something like 7'200... although i'm positive I saw 7'500 on yours when I had a go on Friday!!! :shock: 8) :oops: !!!
Another thing, with the 1/4 mile times that would mean his car's over 200bhp surely?

VIPERONE
23-05-2005, 17:27
matt yes he can....

thts my plan.. take up your willy ecu there is a willy chip on bay.. i have a spare socket ecu si im going to have it...
i can meet you there so wayne can copy my ecu for your chip.

VIPERONE
23-05-2005, 17:29
and we all know wat 2lives willy goes like...
it made wezy willy 3 look like he was in reverse, as per the nw thrash vid.

2 live
23-05-2005, 17:53
matt if u want a std willy map puttin on a valver ecu i have the std chip off mine here, if u want me to pop over with it theres no probs....his new units only 20 mins from me

VIPERONE
23-05-2005, 17:55
ahh 2 live.. lets talk business with this chip ;-)

2 live
23-05-2005, 18:12
i can pop over to waynes so he can install the std map into his pc off it..............then he can map urs to suit from that std map can he not hehe :wink:

MatBrown
23-05-2005, 18:57
No lads.

I have a standard Willy ECU on my fairly standard Willy2 (Zorst+Panel) but was wondering if he could improve on what Renault gave us?
And instead of butchering a Willy ECU i have a couple of 16v ones that i could use instead.

Mat.

2 live
23-05-2005, 20:07
i dare say that renos mapping is much the same as any off the shelf chip.........i.e all mapped for same engine, which as u all know is not really any good as all engines are diffrent........

so i would imagine he could only better what reno started him off with .....imo...well for that individual car anyway

lagerlout1
23-05-2005, 23:18

nah, only pulling yer leg pal. lol. i totally agree, RR figures mean nothing, there as a rough guide to how capable the car should be. 2 live's car has always had seeminly low figure RR results where peak power in concerned, but the torque curve is stupid, just flatlines from 4'500 to redline at something like 7'200... although i'm positive I saw 7'500 on yours when I had a go on Friday!!! :shock: 8) :oops: !!!
Another thing, with the 1/4 mile times that would mean his car's over 200bhp surely?

Dunno. I'n no expert, but from the evidence I've seen (video footage, RR results etc) I lloks to me as though 2_live as well as being a very talented pilot, has an absolute peach of a motor. It goes like a train. Just one of those freakishly fast ones, like Craggys VTS I guess or Chris n Nics Cup.

And it's sprinkled with magic Williams dust too. :D

MatBrown
24-05-2005, 00:37
Jon,

So how much would he charge for subsequent remaps once i have his fettled ECU in there?

Mat.

2 live
24-05-2005, 09:10
dunno mate tbh......its something i will be finding out tho lol

lager lout...tbh its been this quick with 2 differant engines, both the std willy lump, 14.6 SQM in standard trim (only winstons beast quicker in same spec i believe) and with the rebuilt meg lump, 14.0 SQM, but with it still only having 12k miles on it since build, and 47k miles in total, im expecting it to start really loosening up soon hehe