PDA

View Full Version : Time to sell (quite long)

Jamie.
07-05-2007, 19:13
Its come to the stage where i am wondering whether or not to sell the williams. It has always been good to me and nothing major has been going wrong but recently just a few things need doing and they keep coming one after the other, master-cylinder, alternator, and a new vibration noise coming from the rear (think its something to do with the wheel bearings) and tbh with it being quite old i fancy something a little newer and cheaper to run as the commute to work is 30mile round trip.

Its quite diff as i bought it for 4k 2years ago as the 5th owner with not alot of service history but i have never had any problems with it and after i have spent so much getting it mint (alloy refurb, arches, no plate, loads of maintenance, 4pots etc) i just cannot decide whether or not to sell it as i will prob only get 3300ish for it as a max, and for that kind of money im not going to get a car anywhere near as good as a williams in as good a nick and well looked after as mine.

The plan was to keep it for two years and buy a clio trophy but im feeling a little, dare i say it bored and with the new house i dont have alot of spare to cash to mod it to the extent i want to, to keep it feeling new and fresh.

Ive thought about just selling it and saving up for a little while and see what takes my fancy, which currently would be a 106gti but i cant stop seeing that as a step down :?

106diablogti
07-05-2007, 19:39
Keep the Williams buddy, I had a 106 gti, Pulsar GtiR and the Williams is by far the most fun I have had.

clio_bus
07-05-2007, 20:08
Jamie - where in Ellesmere Port do you live - not seen your williams before?

Jamie.
07-05-2007, 20:19
Great Sutton, at the traffic lights by the old wirral 100 turn right, down that way....

MattyH16valver
07-05-2007, 20:23
I think u just have to take it on the chin really with these cars...u'd be very lucky not to have anything go wrong, and it's a help if you can do most of the maintenance to keep the cost down on servicing etc. I just enjoys tinkering with the car most weeks. It's nice to have a change after a while though, so I know what u mean...but I know that i'd regret selling if i did.

clio_bus
07-05-2007, 20:26
aHHH.. small world, i live near weatherspoons in overpool

sorry to here your selling up, i`ve just bought another valver, pick it up in 2 weeks 8)

richy
07-05-2007, 20:29
think yourself lucky, my williams has been a constant nightmare and ive spent what i payed for it on fixed it, this is one reason why i went and got the 182, a newer car which i can trust! also getting abit sick of old cars! :lol:

Jamie.
07-05-2007, 20:31
Best bet is prob just to keep it and spend a bit on it, its not that i dont have the money its that i begrudge it when it seems to be several items being 150 each. Prob £400 ish would sort it all but thats the money i had for my coilies.

Tbh if i got £3300 for it i may end up having a nightmare attempting to get another reliable car, with the stick i do give it, it was inevitable somethings will wear.

Just keep saving for the trophy it is...

Jamie.
07-05-2007, 20:32
aHHH.. small world, i live near weatherspoons in overpool

sorry to here your selling up, i`ve just bought another valver, pick it up in 2 weeks 8)

Have to meet up and go for a spin sometime then...

VIPERONE
07-05-2007, 20:33
think yourself lucky, my williams has been a constant nightmare and ive spent what i payed for it on fixed it, this is one reason why i went and got the 182, a newer car which i can trust! also getting abit sick of old cars! :lol:

know the feeling...will be my last year of mk s i think..will keep the track car..and the turbo will be sold on... i need something economical as i will be moving jobs soon. lol

Jamie.
07-05-2007, 20:34

Yeh, i have always said i got a good one (touch wood) as nothing has gone wrong since buying it ands its only needed a couple of bits and bobs think the only reason i feel like this is im getting a little bored, maybe if i had the cash for cams and pulleys i wouldnt be?

richy
07-05-2007, 20:47

know the feeling...will be my last year of mk s i think..will keep the track car..and the turbo will be sold on... i need something economical as i will be moving jobs soon. lol

im only intending to keep my trackcar and 182, the willy n 1.2 are going!!

Mattie
07-05-2007, 21:18
i have the same feeling all the time....then i take it for a spin and i soon change my mind!

Coops
07-05-2007, 21:28
keep it!

16v_russ
07-05-2007, 21:56
i was thinking the same thing mate,then my 172 came up at just under 3k,and i drove it away for just over 2k,so the bargains are out there,i dont think for that money i could have bout another 6 1/2 year old car for the same money,iv seen a few hovering round they 2600-2800 mark now so they coming down....but its not a willy

Daz.
07-05-2007, 22:05
One day I might start thinking that way but for all its faults its still one of the nicest cars on the road and I love it

northy
08-05-2007, 07:47
keep it pal and get some miles added !

Zollo
08-05-2007, 12:21
I'm in much the same position mate. Finding it very difficult to find a replacement for much the same money that gets me excited.

Having said that, I'm really enjoying the temporary replacement...