PDA

View Full Version : violent shake under acceleration....??

Mr.AdamB
07-05-2007, 10:58
wen i accelerate pretty hard i get a violent shake seems to be a left / right kinda shake wobbles the whole car about then it sort of stops a bit i nthe higher rpm. any ideas?

engine mounts are ok. im thinking its the driveshafts perhaps but i had them out the other day wen i out new engine in, looked ok...

Purple
07-05-2007, 11:15
Same thing when I fitted the wrong driveshaft. Not sure about the higher rpm smoothening out, as I was driving it quite gently most of the time.

Mr.AdamB
07-05-2007, 11:26
it has a valver gearbox so its the correct drive shaft. but maybe its fooked. lol. is this the symtoms for it to be booogared tho?

Rich
07-05-2007, 11:28
you say the mounts are ok but you've just put a new engine in so you may have disturbed the mounts mate. happened to me in the same diagnosis as you and it turned out i'd snapped the metal pin on the box mount and it was resting on the subframe unbeknown to me until after a 60 mile drive :shock: i thought it was just a dodgy dogbone so i was gonna change it the next week. i was lucky not to do any damadge to my driveshaft or more importantly the Diff!

MAXIBOY
07-05-2007, 11:29
check for play at the ends buy shacking the shaft. driveshafts will vibrate when worn and you always have a point where it goes away. wheels do the same.

MatBrown
07-05-2007, 14:48
Inner CV joint on the drivers side driveshaft.

Mat.

BristolSam16v
07-05-2007, 16:27
Have harsh juddering on my on accel especially going over bumps the steering wheel jerks violently, turned out the shock on the passenger side was fcked and was leaking oil.