PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used the AA for recovery from trackdays?

summeh
06-05-2007, 23:59
I've always wondered if the AA would actually recover a car from a trackday or not. I presumed they wouldn't.

Just looking through there T&C's (as you do):

"the AA does not consider the following activities to be Motor Sport Events, and thus will provide service to a participating vehicle if properly requested:

(a) 'Concours d`elegance' events;
(b) Track test days for road-legal vehicles;
(c) Rallies held exclusively on open public 'highways' where participants are required to comply with all operative speed limits."

Thought that was interesting :lol: As I assumed they wouldn't recover from trackdays!

Might help someone in future :wink:

arj256
07-05-2007, 00:08
Always a shame that vehicles break down right near to those tracks isnt it :wink:

BristolSam16v
07-05-2007, 00:11
Always a shame that vehicles break down right near to those tracks isnt it :wink:
same way they always seem to have knocks near the track as well :wink:

snowman
07-05-2007, 08:27
Lol,went to a Peugeot trackday years ago at Silverstone,my mates 309 broke down inside the ground,he phoned the AA to recover him,when the chap turned up he said he couldnt do it as he was inside the compound,but luckily he helped us push the car outside the gates,we must have got an ok AA man,dunno if most would do that,i think they all know what goes on tho lmao

summeh
07-05-2007, 16:49
Well now that you are armed with the above information, you won't need to push it out of the grounds in future :wink:

Martin
07-06-2007, 09:22
I've done it more than once.....trackday is not classed as a competetive/motor sport event event so the aa will come out, in my experience anyway

Zollo
07-06-2007, 09:28
Wonder how much longer that will last...