PDA

View Full Version : williams clio..... twin webber 45s

mays
06-05-2007, 15:41
has anybody got any tips ... reccomendations towards converting the williams to twin 45s...

has anyone done it on here before as i havnt seen it mentioned anywhere.... not fussed about throttle bodies as the price is rediculous.

whats needed to do it n so on... many thanks. danny

16v_russ
06-05-2007, 16:45
id imagine its not been done much coz its a pig of a job mate,carbs tend to take up more room than bodies too and there not much room there anyway lol

also unless u have lairy cams,a set of 40's would be better

id imagine u would need (at the very least)
the carbs
inlet manifold(prob custom)
all linkage
a smaller radiator
fuel pressure reg (slow the fuel pressure down)
plus more.....

mays
06-05-2007, 18:22
yer thats a good point really tbh pal. although instead of the twin webbers ive thought of running r1 motorbike carbs... theyr individual and alot smaller. probably just leave it as is n get a good map and induction kit.. cheers

Allan
06-05-2007, 22:35
yeah do a search on here for the bike carbs, its been done and discussed as a cheap option before.
I seem to remember it being really cheap like under 500 for it

16v_russ
07-05-2007, 11:54
u wont be able to have a convesional induction kit mate,as u will have carbs instead of a normal plenum,u can get ili filters that sit on the end of the carbs :)

2 live
07-05-2007, 12:17
manifold for webbers will be same as for bodies, be it the webber/jenveys etc

ash clio gtt
07-05-2007, 12:56
maybe pm the owner of this

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21964

mays
09-05-2007, 21:05
u wont be able to have a convesional induction kit mate,as u will have carbs instead of a normal plenum,u can get ili filters that sit on the end of the carbs .............................................

haha.... i know theres people about who are totaly thick.... but im not that bad mate...... when i said id prob just leave it... i ment... leave the whole idea of carbs... so on.... lol.... n use just a standard air filter n so forth. lol....

webermaniac
11-05-2007, 06:49
Now days i build my car on 45 webers. I thik they run very well