PDA

View Full Version : Damaged new bumper from Renault

MattyH16valver
06-05-2007, 14:41
I bought a load of new bits from Renault a few weeks ago and 2 things on my list were a front a rear bumper. I opened them up today to have a quick goosey gander...and was disapointed to c that it was damaged already, as if it was done when i was first made. The bump strip has been chipped and where the black insert is they gone a bit too mad with the thing they use to melt it onto the rest of the bumper and gone all the way through! Would u say it's worth trying to swap it for another or am I being to picky? :roll: Matt
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCN1021.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCN1022.jpg
This is how it should be..
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCN1023.jpg

dan 16v
06-05-2007, 15:00
personally id go back

MatBrown
Damn right,
Take the ****er back and get another.

Mat.

jay s
take it back fella, would'nt have that after paying £100+ :roll:

MattyH16valver
06-05-2007, 15:13
Tke it back it is then....don't really expect to have this on a brand new bumper...i'm surprised they sent it here! :shock: Should be ashamed of themselves :lol:

cliorod
06-05-2007, 16:28
Matty ~~ not wanting to support the dealers you got the parts from or get involved too much :roll: ~~ I think it was at my recommendation :wink: :wink:
But when I was working in parts,it is/was a regular occurence to have to take 2 sometimes 3 panels/bumpers etc to customers before they were happy.I used to complain about Renaults ~~~ quality control or lack of it, but to no avail unfortunately ~~ Before you get the next one delivered ~ I would suggest you inspect personally,and only accept it when you are 100%. :wink: :wink:

MattyH16valver
06-05-2007, 17:04
Ok m8...cheers...I'm definately not blaming Pete or D Kitchen's Renault as it has not been opened since it was first packed, so any damage would have occured during production. As you said, I will have to pick it up in person o double check it. Do you think that Pete would be able to sort me another one out...and do they generally keep these in stock? Matt

cliorod
06-05-2007, 19:29
I do not think they they stock them :oops: :cry:,~~ they only tend to stock current models spares etc ~ However delivery will be a couple of days :lol: :lol: .I am sure Peter etc will be only to glad to swap the item :wink: :wink: You will just have to hope that the replacement is in a more fit for purpose condition :twisted: :roll: :twisted:,I would suggest you (or) your courier examines the replacement,before it leaves the garage :wink:

MattyH16valver
15-05-2007, 19:48
Just out of interest...where the moulded bump strips originally sprayed black...or are they left alone and only the main part of the bumper is sprayed? :?

richy
15-05-2007, 19:54
just leave them mate, just get them masked off when painted!

MattyH16valver
15-05-2007, 20:30
Would a body shop be able to repair the moulded bump strip where the two dents are without sanding them down, as they would not be sprayed and left as bare plastic? :?

richy
15-05-2007, 20:46
id take it back personally mate, parts do get damaged in transit

MattyH16valver
15-05-2007, 20:52
id take it back personally mate, parts do get damaged in transit
aye...just i had it couriered from up north, so it would be a bit of hassle trying to sort it all out. Renault are offically clowns! :o May aswell swap it...would stand out like a sore thumb other wise.

big hp
16-05-2007, 17:54
Does it have to go back to the dealer you bought it from? Otherwise you could take it in to one near us get them to book it in and replacement can then be re-sent.

MattyH16valver
16-05-2007, 18:28
Does it have to go back to the dealer you bought it from? Otherwise you could take it in to one near us get them to book it in and replacement can then be re-sent.
I spoke to the dealer today and he said that he would get Renault to send a replacement...although he should'nt cos really Renault only give u 4 hours to declare damaged parts once they are delivered! :shock: So it's definately a case of checking them as soon as u get them. I did suggest that to him Scott...but the said they probably would'nt change it. Just hope the next ones not even more damaged. Only ordered them from up north cos I managed to sort out a half decent discount...plus I needed to order a few more bits today anyway...rear disks and bearings, roof strips, front indicators etc.

cliorod
17-05-2007, 09:09
Only ordered them from up north cos I managed to sort out a half decent discount

Matty " half decent " ~~~ If I am not wrong,did they not give you trade plus 5% :shock: :shock: :shock: