PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Clio 16v dash wiring help needed!!

phantome46
05-05-2007, 21:22
Guys,

I am trying to wire in a digital dash onto my clio 16v. 1993 K reg

I have basically tracked every wire I need and know which one does what, but now have a couple of issues?

Indicators.

The L and R indicators work but they are flashing very quickly (like there is a ground off, or bulb blown) but I have check and everything is working fine.

The L indicator is a brown wire that connects to the dash display and the R is an orange one.

I have a spare brown wire that does not appear to have a home - but if you connect this spare wire to either the brown or the orange wire then the indicators on that side flash at the correct speed?

Any one understand this?

I have tested this wire with a meter and it is pulsing as to cause the light to flash? Where does it go?

Hazards

These work fine and flash at the correct speed?

Fuel sender

I have tracked this wire and it seems to be a green wire with a white stripe in it. I have connected this to the fuel guage and don’t get a reading. I know it worked from my standard dials.

Any idea if this is the right wire?

HELP GUYS ITS GETTING URGENT NOW AS NEED CAR ON THE ROAD!

Thanks

MAXIBOY
05-05-2007, 21:26
what happens if you earth the brown wire.

MAXIBOY
05-05-2007, 21:39
haynes says green and white is the wire.

phantome46
07-05-2007, 00:46
if you earth the brown for the indicators then it makes a buzzin sound! still continues to flash fast.

petrol = grenn and white??

snowman
07-05-2007, 08:31
Have you relocated the indicators Ant?

Mine flashed rapidly when i put them where the spotlights are,the problem was sorted by fitting another bulb inline before the indicator units,dunno if thats what youre experiencing though but it slowed my indicators down.

phantome46
07-05-2007, 12:45
snowman you a genius! works perfectly!!! Thats the indicators solved!!!

I have managed to locate 2 green a white wires in the dash that go intot eh same connection plug for the standard dials! (the one on the far right if you are looking at it.

Is only one of them needed or should i connet both?

How do I test if they are actually the fuel sender?