PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Renault or Motor Factor

katbloke
03-05-2007, 13:16
I still need to get a few bits for my car and cant make up my mind whether or not to go for genuine Renault or go to a cheaper outlet ie Eurocar parts.

What do you guys do?

The parts i'm after are:-

Control arms
Rack boots
Anti-rollbar bushes
Brake pads

One final question i have a brand new pair of genuine Renault 16v rear shocks and have since found out that the Williams ones are a different part number, can they be fitted or should i sell them buy the correct part numbered ones?

Cheers. Graham.

white16valver
04-05-2007, 17:46
The valver shocks will fit but I imagine they're a different damping rate so won't be the "genuine" williams handling experience.

I put willy shocks on the rear on mine when I widetracked it and they do seem a lot more controlled than the valver versions! (could all just be psychological though lol)

Why are you going for standard pads though? Upgraaaaade :wink: :twisted:

mk1 clio
04-05-2007, 18:01
The 16v and Williams front shocks are different tho? Are they not? When 16v shocks are fitted to the willy it runs silly amounts of camber? No?

katbloke
04-05-2007, 19:53
The 16v and Williams front shocks are different tho? Are they not? When 16v shocks are fitted to the willy it runs silly amounts of camber? No?

Was referring to rears, so theyll be up for sale then.
Regarding brakes i dont drive it like a mad thing but at the mo brakes have an ongoing problem so replacing the whole lot

summeh
05-05-2007, 00:54
I would get everything except ARB bushes from GSF/eurocarparts. Even then I might still get the bushes from there.

Sup to you really. Doubt you'd notice the difference.

As for pads, go for something half decent at least.

Pagid fast road pads are cheap, or for something a bit more trackday-capable: mintex extreme (40quid from GSF iirc).