PDA

View Full Version : Front end suspension

mutley
20-05-2005, 17:56
ive had a look on previous posts and established that the gap between the tyre and wing on standard springs is abpud 2 fingers :lol: and new springs from renault cost £80 (each) -anyone know how much do the shocks cost???

if i change the shocks and springs on the front (to renault standard) do i need to do anything ath at the back? and also what else would be advisiable to do when changing the front bits - i.e. mounts bushes??? any ideas gratefully accepted!

MatBrown
20-05-2005, 18:49
Shocks are not too bad, about £30 each if i remember rightly and you can get a kit which includes the mounts and bearing.

Mat.

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-05-2005, 19:28
I have just paid about £40 each for genuine renault front struts. Cant remember exact price, but it was around that. You can also get springs made up to the exact height/poundage of the Renaults ones for much less and they are just as good. Or uprate the poundage slightly, but keep standard height.

If its still on original suspension then a refresh wont do any harm. New dampers all round, new ssprings on the front and maybe rebush the front end at the same time. Genuine Renault bushes are relatively cheap for the anti-roll bar and wishbones, but make sure the wishbone bushes are fitted correctly as they help prevent dive under braking and body-roll when cornering.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 19:50
I did this to mine and it was an very good purchase :D

scotte666
21-05-2005, 11:08
i thougtht bout getting new shocks all round on mine did on my nova gsi and it transformed the car so much smoother.but would u notice if ur shocks were old and worn?