PDA

View Full Version : Evo Williams

deank93
01-05-2007, 15:18
I remember reading on the MLR about a bloke who put an evo engine and transmition into a massivly chav'd up clio.....it got me wondering if anyone had ever considered doing a similar conversion on a williams?

I just thought it would be quite cool, a nice standard looking Williams with 4WD 2.0 turbo power, with the light weight and a comfortable 330bhp it would fly.

snowman
01-05-2007, 16:53
Thought that white clio with the whale tail on it was a shopchop??

deank93
01-05-2007, 16:56
Thought that white clio with the whale tail on it was a shopchop??

The way people were talking i thought it was real....anyone know?

northy
01-05-2007, 17:02
Was real that im aware of.

deank93
01-05-2007, 17:59
Thinking about it i'm certain it was real, i remember chatting to a guy called disco dave on MLR from hybrib paints in Harlow about it...i think he was involved in it in some way.

So it is do-able then.

I'd be interested to find out how much you would need to budget for a job like that.

drsmith1979
01-05-2007, 18:24
well a decent evo engine is going to cost you a couple of grand due to the fact that the 4's and early 5's suffered from 'crank walk' and meant it was cheaper to replace than to repair. hence the amount of 4's with 6 engines, replaced engines etc..

gearbox? probably another grand, 1500quid for a decent clutch set up, loom and all ancillaries... your guess is as good as mine, but believe you me, nothing on an evo is cheap! the best way would be to buy written off 4 or even an earlier 1,2, or 3. that way you have access to all the parts. with regards to the size of the engine? its not too dissimilar to the standard lump, afterall its only a 4 cylinder 2.0. the only problem is that the turbo is mounted on the front of the engine behind the rad and intercooler where there isnt much space on the clio, i guess it could be re routed?

personally i dont think it would be worth doing as the amount of work to convert it to 4wheel drive would be stupid, although i would love to see one! haha

2 live
01-05-2007, 21:20
or u could do what i was planning a few years ago with the willy 2. stick another willy lump in the boot. 300 bhp 4wd would be awesome.

lewis_willy2
01-05-2007, 21:26
^^^^ give me a year or 2. 4wd twin - turbo f7r engines :twisted:

it prob be easier to get a 4wd/rwd car. remove the shell like you would your tamiya remote control jobbie and stick a williams shell on it :D

seen it done with a nissan 200sx and a morris minor i think it is??

deank93
01-05-2007, 22:12
How about an SR20 DET from a pulsar? you can pick up an engine for £700, gearboxes are around £300.

Bleed valve set to 1Bar and you have an instant 280 bhp.

2 live
02-05-2007, 07:10
^^^^ give me a year or 2. 4wd twin - turbo f7r engines :twisted:

it prob be easier to get a 4wd/rwd car. remove the shell like you would your tamiya remote control jobbie and stick a williams shell on it :D

seen it done with a nissan 200sx and a morris minor i think it is??

or u could cut the rear end out of 1 clio, drive the 2nd into position, cut n weld ;)

sounds easy, its a little more involved, but not 'not doable' with a bit of time/patience

J_A_R_B
03-05-2007, 13:52
These guys put a type r engine in a saxo and made it rear wheel drive done some pretty cool things having had a look through the website.

http://www.zcars.org.uk/saxo/index.htm