PDA

View Full Version : Valvers first real outing. My ramblings and thoughts!

Imperial_16v
29-04-2007, 16:51
Thanks firstly, again to Matt, for the whole point of the trip. Got my new leather seats. yey! lol. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/j_firegod/Clio%2016v/Leather.jpg

I had to travel roughly 230 miles (460 mile round trip) to get them, but it was just all motorway so it was interesting. :)

Saw two crashes also, a golf completely totalled, facing the wrong way on an embankment on the M1 Northbound. I hate Golf drivers actually. Had one golf swerve over 5 lanes at one point, undertake the traffic and zip back into the fast lane. Tit. Then I met a GTi driver who hated being overtaken. Lol. He was stuck behind some slow moving traffic after going through a 50mph roadwork area, on the exit, I was quicker and straight into the fast lane and I went past at about 80mph. He was straight out behind me, I accelerated to about a ton and then moved over, and slowed back down. He went past and then pulled in front and slowed back down? :? No point in what he did but you could see him looking in his mirror anytime someone tried to go round him.

ANYWHO! The fun of the motorway. It was a good drive, roads were quite empty and the Valver trundled along happily at 80-85mph. I made 230 miles on half a tank, so we're looking easily 300+ on a full tank. No weird bumps or knocks or rattles, even though some of the surfaces were terrible!! Massive bumps and pot holes, makes you think why we pay Road Tax tbh?! :shock:

This is the first major outing since I bought her, but I was pleased to see that she went great. Engine temp stayed bang on the middle, oil temp never went above 110ºC and the pressure hovered around the 3 bar mark. No wobble or anything. Was nice to see she had quite a bit of poke even around that kind of speed, plus I got some nice backfire on over-run. V.cool imo. :lol:

So now that I have the seats, just need to clean them up, and also fit the blue willy carpet I have in the house. Should brighten up the interior!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/j_firegod/Clio%2016v/Carpet.jpg

Defo worth the trip, although now I think I'll have Greenpeace on my ass since the front of the car has probably wiped out an entire species of bug. Lol. Needs a wash I tell ya!

Cheers for reading my ramblings anyway!

OH!!! Forget to say, the second crash was a Clio. Had RSi alloys on, blue in colour. So is that anyones on here, or anyones mates? Looked like the front end was all smashed in. Had the southbound carridgeway pretty much stopped. Can't remember where it was exactly, possibly Sheffield or Nottingham area.

Matt_16v
30-04-2007, 12:22
gald you got home ok mate, I went the bloody wrong way out of the services :cool: put another 30 miles on my trip. Doh! :headbutt:

Daz.
30-04-2007, 12:35
Always nice travelling to pick new bits up 8) sounds like fun!

Imperial_16v
30-04-2007, 12:46
gald you got home ok mate, I went the bloody wrong way out of the services :cool: put another 30 miles on my trip. Doh! :headbutt:

Cheers mate. :D

Lol next time we can meet at the southbound area, then you'll be facing the right way. :P

Imperial_16v
30-04-2007, 12:47
Always nice travelling to pick new bits up 8) sounds like fun!

Yeah mate, I love buying new stuff. Haha how sad!

wavy
30-04-2007, 12:52
(460 mile round trip) :shock:
thats a fair way to travel
but theres nothing wrong with having a good drive to help find out about your car
amazing what you see on days out
i went to blackpool yesterday and on the way home i saw what looked like a small white fiat fully ablaze :shock:
looked like he just pulled over and watched the mother burn :twisted:

your new seats and carpet will look sweet :)

seanofnp
30-04-2007, 17:38
Class i know how you feel! Did cornwall and back in 2 days for my fr7 this weekend just gone, from KENT!!! 600 mile roundtrip + i worked friday and did 160mile trip to seaford and back(joys of taxi driving) lol.