PDA

View Full Version : Wierd grinding/whinning noise coming through the steering.It

Patrick_g46
28-04-2007, 12:09
i normally get it at motorway speeds and its like a whinning squeaky noise, it is totally random aswell, i could drive for miles with no noise then get it for a few seconds or mayb a minute then it just dissapears! also i sometimes get it when im stationary and turn my wheels when im parking, but i never get it driving along at say 30mph at first i thought it was my steering colum as it needed welding where the join goes loose, but i had it welded the other night and the steering is tight now but the sound is still there! it just an annoyance really and its a bit embarrasing when you pick some1 up in your car and all off a sudeen it sounds like the car is about to fall apart lol! :oops: any1 got any ideas???

Patrick_g46
28-04-2007, 12:09
oh by the way its not the usual wheel bearing noise in case any thinks that!

Purple
28-04-2007, 12:15
Maybe seizing brakes caliper?

Patrick_g46
28-04-2007, 12:44
Maybe seizing brakes caliper?

dont think so dude, it like a high pitched noise and surely it wouldnt happen when im stationary and just turning the wheels???

Purple
28-04-2007, 13:04
If it happens when stationary, might be cam/aux belts and bearings area. They are hooked up to the power steering and that could be how you are feeling it through the steering.