PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts?

dimma16v
28-04-2007, 02:29
Right I have a question I've got all mounts driver top mount dog bone mount gearbox mount and the R19 gearbox mount and what i want to do is add the R19 drivers front mount and remove the drivers top mount just like the group A cars but will my engine be ok or will it move about or do i need to or can fit all the R19 mounts to the car.

MAXIBOY
28-04-2007, 10:25
yes you would need to fit the drivers side lower renault 19 mount and i,m not sure you can with the clio set up because of the other brackets already fitted there.

2 live
28-04-2007, 12:02
think youl need the dog bone changing to gp a spec one tbh mate. but the pas pipes off the rack are in the way, so will need either the gp a pas set up or a manual rack conv.

dimma16v
28-04-2007, 12:31
think youl need the dog bone changing to gp a spec one tbh mate. but the pas pipes off the rack are in the way, so will need either the gp a pas set up or a manual rack conv.

i've got the manaul rack conversion on the car.

2 live
28-04-2007, 12:44
then speak to rod. he was on about getting some mounts made up to replicate the gp a items, they bolt on the rear of the subframe ,above it, and to the box

cliorod
30-04-2007, 12:01
John,
I can get them done :lol: :lol: ,but only to order ~~ I need the Renault 19 rear mounting,and a couple of Williams,Valver bottom arm bushes,my mate then fabricates the rest :lol: :wink:
Remember the subframe needs modifying with a couple of brackets welding on the top of it.
Rodders.

2 live
30-04-2007, 12:38
aye, was meaning speak to you regarding whats involved and availability really...as youd know better than most.

:wink: