PDA

View Full Version : Brake Disc Change

mikeymikewakey
27-04-2007, 20:04
Ive just bought EBC discs all round.

I got so far and decided to leave it till tomorrow when i will have more time.
I got as far as taking off the hub cap which conceals the huge nut keeping the disc in place (this was on the rear of my valver) and there was a bearing inside there. Is that part of the hub itself or am i gonna need a bearing pressed inside these new discs cos the discs ive got direct from ebc, there are no bearings in the middle, its just straight thru.

Cheers

Mikr

MattyH16valver
27-04-2007, 20:10
The bearings are pressed inside the disks m8....u need a fair bit of pressure to get them out...bout a ton. Any garage should be able to press them out for u. I'm gonna get some direct from Renault next time, cos the bearings are already pressed in, and are not really that much more than from gsf etc. U'd be better of getting the bearings from gsf, cos they come as a kit with the circlips and hub nuts too. 8)

mikeymikewakey
27-04-2007, 20:13
would a place like national tyres be able to do it?

Do i need the bearings to be pressed on all 4 discs? im sure the last time i went to national tyres and they changed my front discs that they just swapped em over. iirc the bearings are for the fronts only?

Mike

mikeymikewakey
27-04-2007, 20:14
And as for the tone worth of pressure...ill just use my hands, but ill be sure to put my gloves on :)

Rich
27-04-2007, 20:32
fronts just need the discs swapping, rears need the bearings pressing in

katbloke
27-04-2007, 21:38
you can bang the rear bearings in with an old 1/2" drive extension and a large enough socket that fits the outer diameter of the bearing, just rmember to knock em in square