PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go Valver Track Spec?????

skipp123
25-04-2007, 12:20
hi guys iv been floating around on this board for a couple of years now and stupidly brought a vts over a williams a few years back, i now drive a 400bhp mr2 turbo rev4 which is my weekend drive and have a trusty metro 1.1 for daily comute which im sooooooo bored of now and looking for something relaible with good build quality fairly nippy and something that has the potential to be a a-b rd terrorist oh and fairly cheep to run {dont want alot hey lol} now iv shortlisted the cars into the below

clio valver
metro 1.8 vvc
mini 1295gt {clasic}
pug 205 gti {1.6 or 1.9}

all the above would have minamal engine mods and just ALOT of suspension work ie coilovers, anti roll bars, polly bushs the whole shabang and a nice set of small rims i have a budget of around £1300 for the car and oviously a bit more for mods, if it were your money what would you go for?

id love a valver with
k&n filter
full exhaust
chip
all suspension work done
full roll cage
harnesses
stripped out
and some ronal turbo wide wheels on a graphite colour car {u can see what im after from the above}

Zollo
25-04-2007, 12:25
Valver will be the best day-to-day proposition, followed by the 205. Personally (and this is just a personal thing!) I wouldn't even consider the other two, for various reasons.

Valver gets my vote :)

nyk
25-04-2007, 12:41
valver or the 205 - only the 1.9 though.

:D

skipp123
25-04-2007, 13:01
just a taster of my weekend toy

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/skipp123/DSCN2400-1.jpg

and a idea of where id take the valver suspension wise the below set up is currently on my mr2 tubby

Cusco front strut brace
Cusco Rear strut brace
Tein Flex coliovers
Front lower tension rod linking brace
JIC magic lower arm brace
TRD antiroll bars
TOMS pillowball tension rods {FRONT}
TOMS pillowball tension rods {REAR}
Urethene suspension bush kit
Urethene engine and gearbox mounts

northy
25-04-2007, 13:07
valver is my vote aswell...

Nice to hear from you again buddy.

skipp123
25-04-2007, 13:28
hey northy nice to hear from you mate, remember the king stromba days that guy used to make me laugh lol, good to see your still floating about bud....

northy
25-04-2007, 13:32
So do you not fancy the williams youve always wanted - this one is cheap !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-RENAULT-CLIO-WILLIAMS-2-BLUE_W0QQitemZ260108642980QQihZ016QQcategoryZ9861Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

skipp123
25-04-2007, 13:39
thats not bad mate but looking for a valvre for slightly cheeper insurance and the fact i could leave it places without worrie, id be to parra about having a williams as a every day car,

was basicly looking for a cheep mechanicly sound valver so i could just fine tune the suspension and a set of ronal turbo alloys and be done, wouldnt wanna spoil the williams bud :wink:

full suspension set up
new wheels and toyo r888 tyres
straight through exhaust
filter
stripped
carbon seats
= job done

Clio_GTT
25-04-2007, 13:49
bang the williams setup on a valver ;)

MAXIBOY
25-04-2007, 14:04
carbon seats for sale here

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21753

Scougar
25-04-2007, 16:24
Metro 1.8 VVC is a darn fast vehicle, although be sure to add extra bracing (metal bars) in the inner wings else you'll get fatigue cracks. Apart from that they are VERY rapid and with a few mods (cams) the k-series 1.8 can easily see 200bhp. Couldn't tell you about fuel econ, but less on a metro to go wrong that's for sure, and they handle fantastically. Gave me an adren rush every time i drove mine and that's only a 1.4 gti lol (because it was 'so raw' being lowered, stiff as hell suspension etc. Check out the rear arches k-series as they have a major tendency to go. This 'may' be pretty expensive to repair so don't pick up a duff one. Keep the standard suspension as playing with that makes the back bouncy. That is.. unless you individualise the suspension then it handles superbly(standard k-series are linked front to rear with fluid).

The valver is very good on fuel, but I have found the seating position too high as I almost touch the roof, and i'm only 5'11" tall. You really have to rag them to get the best out of them. You will feel dissappointed compared to your MR2. (I had a 280hp 200sx). I really don't enjoy driving mine, even though it holds the road very well. The clutch is a pain in the arse, something is always going wrong lol. 2 be honest if you can deal with the major headache of replacing parts on the clio (and believe me, some are a right bugger) then get one. The major problem I find with the car is really because you have to rag it to get it to go well, even when your not going fast, everyone looks at you because your revs are so high, which makes you look like a nob.

can't Comment on the 205.

The mini would be very cool, but.. you normally pay more than they ar worth nowadays to get a classic mini. Don't bother unless you pick one up cheap. Fuel econ is crap in them as well on the a-series. I have owned loads of mini's and metros (a and k-series engined) and love mini's to bits, but unless your prepared to do a full rebuild on a mini, it REALLY isn't worth it.

Lovely MR2 btw :)

Matthew

Lee Keefy
25-04-2007, 17:29
[quote="skipp123"]just a taster of my weekend toy

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/skipp123/DSCN2400-1.jpg

WTF are you doin parked on my lawn!!!!!!! :lol: