PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cable Stretch

VIPERONE
23-04-2007, 19:50
Has anyone suffered from a stretched cable or pedal fault where:

the car will not engage gears with the engine on- but will with the engine off....
The clutch has been replaced....so the fault leads me to think the cable has stretched thus it will not pull the release plate enough, or the pedal is fubar...

pedal system part numbers? and the cable part number please,... my dialogsys is down.

:cry:

Purple
23-04-2007, 23:28
Has anyone suffered from a stretched cable or pedal fault where:
the car will not engage gears with the engine on- but will with the engine off.... The clutch has been replaced....so the fault leads me to think the cable has stretched thus it will not pull the release plate enough, or the pedal is fubar...

pedal system part numbers? and the cable part number please,... my dialogsys is down.
Yes gunner, exact same problem when I changed the cable. Had to get my mechanic to add spacer to take up the slack. It has to be just the correct spacer size, as too much spacer and the clutch won't engage fully. Don't have the part number.

Punkymuffin
24-04-2007, 21:54
Just had me clutch cable dun, got the number off few ppl an they said 16v cable was correct instead of willy one.

My fits fine heres the part no

77 00 829 067 CLUTCH CABLE CL 12.10 ---3 x 1
Cost me 17 quid all in