PDA

View Full Version : Integra Type R compared to Clio

donsrno1
22-04-2007, 23:46
I just wondered if anyone has had any comparisons between their williams and an integra TR? I had a bit of a blast with my mates new integra type r (96 spec, raised limiter to almost 10k rpm and stripped interior). It was definately quicker than mine but I reckon with mine stripped out (I had full interior with spare etc etc.) it would be a lot closer.

Btw, if this should be in driving tales or whatever feel free to move it mods - I'm going to be paying my fees tomorrow anyway so I can post there soon hopefully.

Mines is running about 170bhp btw.

summeh
23-04-2007, 09:55
what have you done to gain 20bhp ?

Jamie.
23-04-2007, 09:57
Adams_16v has a DC2, i would ask him he is always on CS and RSC.

bill.
23-04-2007, 10:17
here my encounter with one

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17812&highlight=integra

donsrno1
23-04-2007, 11:37
^^ Thats more how I had expected it to be, lol. His is a JDM and as I say has a lot of weight out of it as he only has the drivers seat in the interior and he also has a c/fibre bonnet. My initial poist may have made it sound like his was quite a bit quicker than it was tbh, but it was hard to say as he was behind me but I wasn't losing him. The only chance we had to go side by side he was pulling on me a little but I then had to back off for a car infront so couldn't compare properly.

Still fancy my chances with some weight removed, lol. I have to say that the noise from it as it aproached 10krpm is ****in awesome though.

Summeh - I don't know exactly whats been done. I just bought the car about a month ago and the previous owner had it rolling roaded twice showing it at 172bhp and 174bhp @ the fly, 148 bhp @ the wheels iirc.

Purple
23-04-2007, 11:47
Stock against stock; IMO, the DC5 is a bit slower than DC2. And the DC2 is slower than a standard Williams below 4500rpm, but beyond that the DC2 should edge ahead. Handling-wise on real world bumpy road, the Williams any day, all day long. :D Though, one big advantage the DC2/DC5 has over the Williams is that they can be modified way beyond standard engine tune.