PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts, feelings, experiences of the williams so far

Jamie.
19-05-2005, 20:43
been driving her for nearly a week thus far and have covered a couple of hundred miles and just wanted to post up my first experiences.
one thing i wnat to know is; why every cunt in the world that is on the road feels they need to try and tail gate me? the williams hasnt changed my driving style, sure today i hit 100 twice today (4th is a bit quicker than i thought it would be) but everyone treats me diff on the road in this, some better some worse. take today for instance i got tailgated by a rover zr thing, got pointed at and enticed to race by a couple of vts's, tailgated by a passat and i just dont know why. other boy racers stop and stare and let me out when attempting to pull out of a parking space in time etc.
however, i absoloutley love her, she is perfectly fast enough for me, too fast sometimes and am trying to take it easy but god its hard. i am shocked at how fast thrid and fourth are and have found myself being shocked at the low down pull of the 16v engine. the power just feels so accessible, u put u foot down in either 3rd or 4th at low speeds and u seem to be soon easily doing illegal speeds. one thing i considered abfter buying her was, should i have bought a 172....hell no i love her. but the best part is the surrealness of driving such a special car and being in an elite club. very glad i bought one!

Martin
19-05-2005, 20:53
:D Glad you're liking it..... too fast? :shock: You will get used to it quick..trust me!

scotte666
19-05-2005, 20:54
glad 2 hear it mate just out of curiousity how much u pay for it thinking of selling mine in the summer just waanna know how much its worth roughly pm me if u like

scotte666
19-05-2005, 20:56
ive had mine a year now and think its not really quick at all .i mean it pulls well but u get used 2 it quickly

FATBOY
19-05-2005, 20:56
been driving her for nearly a week thus far and have covered a couple of hundred miles and just wanted to post up my first experiences.
one thing i wnat to know is; why every c*nt in the world that is on the road feels they need to try and tail gate me? the williams hasnt changed my driving style, sure today i hit 100 twice today (4th is a bit quicker than i thought it would be) but everyone treats me diff on the road in this, some better some worse. take today for instance i got tailgated by a rover zr thing, got pointed at and enticed to race by a couple of vts's, tailgated by a passat and i just dont know why. other boy racers stop and stare and let me out when attempting to pull out of a parking space in time etc.however, i absoloutley love her, she is perfectly fast enough for me, too fast sometimes and am trying to take it easy but god its hard. i am shocked at how fast thrid and fourth are and have found myself being shocked at the low down pull of the 16v engine. the power just feels so accessible, u put u foot down in either 3rd or 4th at low speeds and u seem to be soon easily doing illegal speeds. one thing i considered abfter buying her was, should i have bought a 172....hell no i love her. but the best part is the surrealness of driving such a special car and being in an elite club. very glad i bought one!

thats what you call respect mate! :wink:

richy
19-05-2005, 21:21
yup u get use to the performance then it can start to feel slow, even thought it hasnt changed! felt same when i first got mine was hitting limiter so quickly , after a bit u get used to it and its normal

LotuzClioWilliams
19-05-2005, 21:44
but the best part is the surrealness of driving such a special car and being in an elite club.

Just the car is elite, not the club. 8)

Anyway, glad you like the Williams. :)

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-05-2005, 22:52
You do get used to the straight line pacr reasonably quickly, but take a Williams down a fast a or b road and even years on I am still impressed by the pace it can carry through bends and over bumps etc.

On the road and point to point the Williams is still one of the fastest and most enjoyable cars there is.

summeh
20-05-2005, 01:11
I remember when I was looking to buy a Williams back in October, me and Allan went to look at a Williams 3 in Farnham and this guy took us out for a drive in it, he hadn't driven it himself for a few months as he couldnt afford to run it or something.

But anyway we went down some twisties and I nearly shat my pants as he took a corner at 60 and didnt think he was gonna make it, the car was glued to the road, I was amazed.

Purple
20-05-2005, 01:27
i absoloutley love her, she is perfectly fast enough for me, too fast sometimes and am trying to take it easy but god its hard

Heh, IMHO, the Williams is not about straight line speed, really. Plenty of fast cars out there that will pull past our car on acceleration. It's main claim to fame is the handling. I honestly think that there are less than 10 other cars in the world that can take on a Williams, with a skilled driver, on twisties bits.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 08:49
Well an NSX-R isnt one of them. People will never beleive this story so ill keep telling it until its etched in stone.

Two skilled drivers
One twisty Welsh mountain road
Wet surface
Williams 1 - NSX-R 0

Oh and the Williams overtook the F550 to get past the NSX-R in the first place.

Jan
20-05-2005, 08:59
like i've said before - i'll never get bored of reading that article :D

2 live
20-05-2005, 09:36
lol...and yes.the speed of it will become boring after a while..so you will probably want a few mods in a bit lol

Tiger
21-05-2005, 11:22
one thing i wnat to know is; why every c*nt in the world that is on the road feels they need to try and tail gate me? the williams hasnt changed my driving style, sure today i hit 100 twice today (4th is a bit quicker than i thought it would be) but everyone treats me diff on the road in this, some better some worse. take today for instance i got tailgated by a rover zr thing, got pointed at and enticed to race by a couple of vts's, tailgated by a passat and i just dont know why. other boy racers stop and stare and let me out when attempting to pull out of a parking space in time etc.however, i absoloutley love her, she is perfectly fast enough for me, too fast sometimes and am trying to take it easy but god its hard. i am shocked at how fast thrid and fourth are and have found myself being shocked at the low down pull of the 16v engine. the power just feels so accessible, u put u foot down in either 3rd or 4th at low speeds and u seem to be soon easily doing illegal speeds. one thing i considered abfter buying her was, should i have bought a 172....hell no i love her. but the best part is the surrealness of driving such a special car and being in an elite club. very glad i bought one!

i noticed the exact same when i first got mine, its great! :D

willy55
21-05-2005, 17:57
its true must be the badge they think williams equals race