PDA

View Full Version : try work this 1 out

CLIO 1.8 16v
21-04-2007, 12:18
when im driving my valver the revs r norm but give it a thrash and the revs go up 2 about 1500rpm but once u switch it of and start it again the revs come back down to norm revs

things iv done -

1. replaced coolent temps sensor no joy :(

2. replaced the iscv still no joy :(

3. earthed the speed sensor behind the colcks guess what still no joy lol

has any 1 got a pic of the speed sensor so i can see if mine looks the same casue the only thing i can think of now is that the speed sensor is f**ked

any help on this plz~ ???

Laine_16v
21-04-2007, 12:34
Definately the symptoms of a borked speedo cable sensor/earth.

CLIO 1.8 16v
21-04-2007, 18:01
any 1 got a pic of the speed sensor

Coops
21-04-2007, 18:48
its behind the clocks in the dash on the top of the speedo cable

theres a 3 pin multiplug coming off the top of the speedo cable, clip the black wire from the speedo cable side of the plug and re-earth it behind the dash somewhere, on the metal! :P

CLIO 1.8 16v
21-04-2007, 18:54
its behind the clocks in the dash on the top of the speedo cable

theres a 3 pin multiplug coming off the top of the speedo cable, clip the black wire from the speedo cable side of the plug and re-earth it behind the dash somewhere, on the metal! :P

iv done that mate i havent cut the wire completel in half just cut into it and bridged another wire off it but its still the same
i wanted a pic of 1 so if mine does not look like 1 thats good il by a new cable but dont wont buy 1 and fit it to find its still the same casue they dont look a nice job lol

Coops
21-04-2007, 18:57
lol, cut it totally! and make sure the re-earth is proper job, rub the paint off the chassis area ur gonna earth to and use a self tapping screw

sorry but i have no pics

CLIO 1.8 16v
21-04-2007, 19:01
lol, cut it totally! and make sure the re-earth is proper job, rub the paint off the chassis area ur gonna earth to and use a self tapping screw

sorry but i have no pics

ok mate il try that but it if dont work think im going to set the car on fire been trying for time to get the revs drop back to norm after a hard thrash lol

DaveH
21-04-2007, 19:34
Shouldnt matter if its cut totally as long as somewhere along the line it has a good earth path, more earths are better than less!