PDA

View Full Version : heat

Turbloide2
20-04-2007, 15:33
HI all

My clio has had the bonnet scoop removed and the under bonnet temps are extremly high im wanting to heat wrap the tubular manifold.

What size wrap would be best and how much would i need ?
Also the stainless straps to hold the wrap in place seam quite costly would i be able to use just normal stainless jubilee clips ?

Also i must be getting lots of heat soak from my pipercross induction kit. where can i get the inlet plate so i can run a 90 degree samco pipe then place a filter lower down behind the bumper ?

Also what are your views on the low temp thermostat and fan switch ?

Thanks in advance for any info
You have been quite helpful already

MAXIBOY
21-04-2007, 00:20
HI all

My clio has had the bonnet scoop removed and the under bonnet temps are extremly high im wanting to heat wrap the tubular manifold.

What size wrap would be best and how much would i need ? inch wrap at least 50 feet and wet it first.
Also the stainless straps to hold the wrap in place seam quite costly would i be able to use just normal stainless jubilee clips ? stainless tie wraps from screwfix cheap as chips

Also i must be getting lots of heat soak from my pipercross induction kit. where can i get the inlet plate so i can run a 90 degree samco pipe then place a filter lower down behind the bumper ? try a renault 19.

Also what are your views on the low temp thermostat and fan switch ? should not be needed unless you engine is producing extra heat.

Thanks in advance for any info
You have been quite helpful already

summeh
21-04-2007, 00:50
low temp thermo is only a few degrees difference anyway, think my one starts to open at 82'c. Standard is 90 or so (sure someone can answer that for sure).

Why has your bonnet vent been removed? Would explain why you are experiencing such heat probs.

Turbloide2
21-04-2007, 10:20
The previous owner smoothed everything and removed the vent (silly boy)

think ile have to get a normal bonnet.

Any info regarding the heat wrap clips and inlet adaptor ?

arj256
21-04-2007, 16:23
Jubilee Clips are easier to use and do the job fine.

MAXIBOY
21-04-2007, 22:20
i answered above screwfix do a pack for not much money. read my post i answered after your questions. renault 19 inlet.