PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Sticking & Knocking Noise

cliolord
19-04-2007, 18:05
Coming home from work on the bypass today at 70mph, looked down at the round about and apparently i was stopped doing 70mph! I flicked the speedo clock and it dropped back to zero. It did this again at 50mph aswell but hasn't done it since which was about 10miles ago just wondered if anyone else has had this?

Also, i've had an anoying knock when ever I brake moderatly hard or throttle hard from slowing down. I thought it was the ball joints which has been the case before on previous Clio's but not this time as i replaced them both today (note, doesnt make a difference if im turning or not). Any ideas? :?

cliolord
21-04-2007, 10:44
Bump :(

The speedo hasnt got stuck since so that doesnt seem to be a problem now just the knocking when braking. It sounds the same as ball joints but I've just replaced them?

Andyvalver
21-04-2007, 11:20
Ive had that sort of thing once, a year or so back. It got stuck at 120 when i slowed back down to 70 lol. That was on a track day mind you :wink:

cliolord
22-04-2007, 13:36
hasnt done it since mate, hit 115 on track yesterday and it was fine, didnt stick. The knock is still there, I may go for brand new arms with uprated bush's. I am still investigating the matter :lol: