PDA

View Full Version : FAO thejesus and 2live

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 14:55
Are you running Megane heads willy heads or valver heads with your Meggy bottom ends?

If running the willy head I thought there were issues with waterways etc?

J o n
19-05-2005, 15:02
running Williams head on megane bottom end... just bolts straight on. if you use the whole engine then there's a problem with waterways and injection system... loom etc.

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 15:14
I thought the waterways was an issue between the different heads and the meggy block. I knew about the loom and coil business.

What would be a ball park figure for a conversion, including engine. And given (i assume) they used your willy head would I have to source one or could the 1.8 head be used?

Winston
19-05-2005, 15:16
You could use the 1.8 head

Nick hill quoted me £500 for a straight swap....1.8-willy

J o n
19-05-2005, 15:24
Mike if you serious about getting a conversion I'd suggest the place I used and Mehdi and Adi both use. let me know if you want the number, they can get you the engine and fit it. you'll have to let them know if you want your old engine, as it will affect the price.

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 15:29
Just getting an idea really Jon. I would've been asking you for that no. though anyway.

I've got exactly 12 payments left on the car and then I may well do this.

To put a round figure on it though I could look at £2k and say that will get me a 2L conversion and willy track non? Maybe £2.5k if I include cams.

J o n
19-05-2005, 16:01
I reckon you could do all that easy for that price mate.

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 16:09
Fvcking cool. 8)

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 16:46
What's the techy nerd speak on your cams and the Kent RN2002?

J o n
19-05-2005, 16:48
not sure fella, i'll ask Ben later on and post up the results. :D

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 16:49
Just been looking at that reichard site and they do 300Deg ones! :shock: I don't know exactly what that means but it sounds extreme to me.

J o n
19-05-2005, 16:57
well the valve will basically be open 300 out of the 360 degree cycle as I understand it... not a good thing unless your running bodies, forged pistons, super strong bottom end and have a car reving to 9k+

P.K.
20-05-2005, 08:24
My car revs to 9K :lol: :lol:

P.s. I saw you last night Swervin giving that Beemer a tattering!! Good on yer..

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 08:46
Forged Pistons? Sounds like fun :wink:

2 live
20-05-2005, 08:58
hehe.£2500 to spend... to put that into perspective mate.thats about what the entire conversion cost me, including buying and overhauling the engine, and a £400 re-con on a gearbox, inc. cams re-map etc etc etc

J o n
20-05-2005, 09:01
well if you go for forged pistons on a Williams it makes sense to get the oversized ones and goto 2.2 litres :D

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:05
Nick has just done a Williams 2 with forged pistons. Im thinking it will give thats throttle bodied hybrid a run for its money. With 0 miles on the clock on the test it was FAST.

Now its run in a remapped im assuming it to be a very rapid motor car.

Steve a
20-05-2005, 09:08
Nick has just done a Williams 2 with forged pistons. Im thinking it will give thats throttle bodied hybrid a run for its money. With 0 miles on the clock on the test it was FAST.

Now its run in a remapped im assuming it to be a very rapid motor car.
Yeah i saw that williams up at nicks a few weeks back, spoke to him last week and I think he said it made around 180atw 8) .

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:15
170 ATW i think is more realistic. Its had alot of work on it though. The induction roar on it is very tasty indeed.

FlamingMonkey
20-05-2005, 09:16
170 ATW that should be foookin rapid :shock:

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:18
Cams
High compression forged pistons
Fully ported head
Hillpower induction kit in scuttle panel
Remap
Blue printed

:shock:

J o n
20-05-2005, 09:19
it will rev higher than the TB'd williams but I seriously doubt it will be in the same league performance wise, the TB'd beast has stupid torque as well. Has he mapped this on an RR as a one off or is he using pre-done map for it?

Be interesting to get the two up side by side for a comparison, but my money would be on the bodied Clio everytime.

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:22
Proper remap. My money would be on Nicks car. No offence to ben, im sure hes has done a good job, but you should see this thing shift.

I was like :shock:

That was before remap, rally type induction and any kind of run in. Plus i dont think Ben rebuilt his bottom end, which is always going to be a bad move as attested to by the rapidness of Jons rebuilt beast.

J o n
20-05-2005, 09:26
what's it had done exactly? I reckon it would be hard pushed to get near Jon's 1/4 mile time with just forged pistons. I'm assuming it has uprated crank, cams, zorst, induction and full map and should be reving to around 9k ish?

KingStromba
20-05-2005, 09:29
Cams
High compression forged pistons
Fully ported head
Hillpower induction kit in scuttle panel
Remap
Blue printed

:shock:

And a zorst and panel filter. If jon was driving it i think he would beat his own time, but so much of that 14.0 is because jon was driving.

2 live
20-05-2005, 09:33
lol^^^^^ id like to think it was mate...but other ppl have run fairly close to my time on their first run in my car

J o n
20-05-2005, 09:44
Rob, there's only so much you can do with a launch, bit or a chirp of the tyres and that your best start, after that it's just a case of changing gears... which he does do faster than most! the driver makes a difference, but I think it's a case of the car really is that fast mate.

Example: you are driving at 70mph in 3rd, you boot it, Jon waits a few seconds and boots it... he's catching you up IMMEDIATELY and is past you in a few seconds time. The difference between that and mildly tuned is worlds apart, you'd never believe its the same car.

FlamingMonkey
20-05-2005, 09:47
lol^^^^^ id like to think it was mate...but other ppl have run fairly close to my time on their first run in my car

Not me though, hehe don't think I broke 14s in yours...lol fookin 7.2k rev limit, still managed to hit it hehe

2 live
20-05-2005, 09:49
think raiderman ,monkey and martin have taken my car down the strip, and gaz has driven it for quite a way, and some motorway cruising.....

all 3 did fairly close times to mine on the strip, what gaz thought of im not sure lol........ask him

2 live
20-05-2005, 09:51

Not me though, hehe don't think I broke 14s in yours...lol fookin 7.2k rev limit, still managed to hit it hehe

lol..still do it meself mate sometimes lol..still stall the fukker sometimes too

Swervin_Mervin
20-05-2005, 09:57
hehe.£2500 to spend... to put that into perspective mate.thats about what the entire conversion cost me, including buying and overhauling the engine, and a £400 re-con on a gearbox, inc. cams re-map etc etc etc

8) But remember that 2.5k is to include a willy track as well, with all new parts. I know you can do it cheaper with 2nd hand but fvck doing it on the cheap!

My car revs to 9K Laughing Laughing

P.s. I saw you last night Swervin giving that Beemer a tattering!! Good on yer..

That was proper funny. I thought that was you revving your engine so I was trying to burn you off not him! :P Steph was pissing herself. TBH he can't have been trying 'cos I went past waaayy to easily and I was spinning the wheels! :shock:

2 live
20-05-2005, 10:10
but u will get more enjoyment out of the 2.0 mate

prioritise lol.the valver is already a capably handling car, as has been proved many times on the peaks runs lol..they just lack comin out the corners

but also ..u could get a meg block off someone like matt, j3ned, fit ur existing valver box and head, and save a fortune of what i paid out,

the box/eng/cams/re-map alone in that figure came to £1800, just to buy, then all the rings shells etc, adds up lol.gaskets...fukkin robbin reno cunts lol

so can be done a lot cheaper.....look at jesus' what was it £800 drive in drive out??

cant argue wi that

thatd leave u with enough to throw a willy track and some mods at it

failing that......keep ur 2 grand..sell the valver n buy a willy hehe

u know u want to

Swervin_Mervin
20-05-2005, 10:16
TBH I prolly would keep the existing head and 'box Jon. Anyone put the valver head on the meggy block yet? And would the valver box cope?

I'm also deffo going widetrack if having the conversion done. Might as well make it as good as it can be, especially since it's going to need a new subframe sometime soon and I don't know how old the shocks etc are!

J o n
20-05-2005, 10:24
yeah almost, £860 I paid, but the £60 was for new metal gasket set and head bolts.