PDA

View Full Version : Few quick questions

JohnGordon
17-04-2007, 10:26
The engine mounts on the clio seem to be pretty soft, both clios I have owned recently have had a lot of movement in the engine when you come on and off power, you can really feel it through the gear leaver. Is this normal or have the mounts worn? Can you get solid mount kits for them or at least up rated?

The highbeam stalk........when I have no lights on I can flash the full beam by pulling the stalk back, I can also do this when on side lights. When I come to do this on main beam it wont work? I also can't find a way to make the stalk stick on it I wanted to drive with full beam, the stalk does not click or anything when I pull it back. New stalk?

When I picked up this latest clio I thaught it had no powersteering, I then found out that there was but the power steering system was void of any fluid, is there any reason why the previous keeper would have done this? Only thing I could think off is that it would sap power, but come on, not that much surley?

thanks

John

VIPERONE
17-04-2007, 10:45
The engine mounts on the clio seem to be pretty soft, both clios I have owned recently have had a lot of movement in the engine when you come on and off power, you can really feel it through the gear leaver. Is this normal or have the mounts worn? Can you get solid mount kits for them or at least up rated?

This is normal....a mod that we do to counteract this is fit a renault 19 gearbox mount...you could also inject polyurethane sealant in to the dogbone hollows and in to the engine mounts.

The highbeam stalk........when I have no lights on I can flash the full beam by pulling the stalk back, I can also do this when on side lights. When I come to do this on main beam it wont work? I also can't find a way to make the stalk stick on it I wanted to drive with full beam, the stalk does not click or anything when I pull it back. New stalk?

potentially...try taking apart witch cleaning it and reassembling

When I picked up this latest clio I thought it had no power steering, I then found out that there was but the power steering system was void of any fluid, is there any reason why the previous keeper would have done this? Only thing I could think off is that it would sap power, but come on, not that much surley?

It may have a leak, fill with fluid and check... naturally bleeding it appropriately... you could retro fit a manual rack if needs be with the associated bracketry...bout 2-5 hp if that...the gain is negligible lol

:solider: :gun: Gunner

VIPERONE
17-04-2007, 10:46
**^^switch cleaning solution to clean the stalk^^**

JohnGordon
17-04-2007, 11:01
**^^switch cleaning solution to clean the stalk^^**

Where, lol