PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE have an engine crane near Leicester?!

cliokiz
16-04-2007, 20:12
I'm getting extremely desperate now, i have an engine in my engine bay completely disconnected ready to be lifted out, just supported by the mounts, and i don't have an engine crane to lift it out.

The plan was to get the car trailered down to my local garage and he would lift it out and fit new tappets, cambelt, etc, and i would take the shell away. He keeps telling me he hasn't got time to do it, and to be honest i've had enough of waiting around, so i need to get it lifted out myself and just take the engine down to him.

Does anyone have one i could borrow, just for 1 evening?? I can collect with a trailer, and deliver back. Can also pay to the privelege of borrowing it if need be!!

I can get one from HSS hire, as i have done before, but they aren't cheap and need to use it again to put the engine back in, so trying to avoid that option.

If anyone has one that i could borrow, PLEASE let me know! Need to get my hybrid back on the road before the start of May as thats when i can insure it again!

Cheers for any help,

Kieran

MAXIBOY
16-04-2007, 21:17
i just bought a new one. 140 quid delivered.

cliokiz
16-04-2007, 21:37
Unfortunately i can't really afford to fork out for an engine crane, plus i have nowhere to keep it on a permanent basis!

Just need one i can borrow from someone really.

Cheers for the offer though!

bendee
16-04-2007, 22:30
from what ive seen in the past chap buying one would be wise seems like your engines allways out lol.

cliokiz
16-04-2007, 22:38
Would love to own one, but nowhere to keep it unfortunately!

I've sourced one from a guy in Notts, and he's letting me borrow it for a long as i like which is absolutely spot on!

Cheers all! :lol:

By the way bendee, when you bringing your willy over?! (In a non gay way, of course!!)

You can pop over and help me sort mine out if you want, help you learn a thing or two about the mk1 engine!

bendee
16-04-2007, 23:43
ive added you to msn not seen you on yet, not sure when i can come over finish work at like 12ish each day so have the afternoons free.

cliokiz
17-04-2007, 08:36
Ok will speak to you on there! I'm usually on in evenings, forgot to sign in on MSN last night though as i was chatting on Yahoo! lol.