PDA

View Full Version : Clutch issue

Rajk
14-02-2005, 02:38
Ok, trying to cut a long story short, in October the clutch was slipping on the willy, got my arse down GSF and brought the uprated Gtt clutch(which can take 180bhp) fine no probs, after this the clutch was fine, only if i consistantly hammer it it slips? Now last night i thought i may have been riding the clutch so I changed quick and let off the clutch completely. The think revs but doesnt catch straight away?what is wrong with the poxy thing? I have heard that these clutches are better than the std willy ones.

Anyone got any ideas? the car is lowered and i heard that when cornering the driveshafts can put more stress on the GB. Is the gb knackered? BTW this only happens when the car is hot and i hammer it. Normal progressive driving is fine!

2 live
14-02-2005, 05:47
sounds like clutch to me mate..best way of checkin...stick it 5th at standstill n try pull away, if revs rise ur clutch fukt......if it stalls its not too bad

but id say theres poss a contamination on the friction plate causing slipage...the way its explained anyway lol...any funny smells?

KingStromba
14-02-2005, 12:59
Coat on standby but i was told that the uprated GTT clutch IS a Williams clutch. :D

J o n
14-02-2005, 13:29
Coat on standby but i was told that the uprated GTT clutch IS a Williams clutch. :D

i think it's the other way round m8, the uprated willy clutch is just the standard Reno 5 clutch.

MatBrown
14-02-2005, 15:49
Get your coat Rob!
They are definately different, i compared them when i swapped the clutch on the hybrid.

Mat.

Rajk
16-02-2005, 03:12
no funny smells mate, i will give the 5th gear test tomorrow

Rajk
17-02-2005, 01:14
tried the 5th gear test and it stalled! phew!