PDA

View Full Version : GazTwo FCS Convoy - Speed ?

BRUN
19-05-2005, 00:25
i know this is probably going to sound borin, especially with the empty roads and the time of the day/night were driving, but, what speed are we gonna be aiming to cruise at

if you lot are gonna want to be doing 100+ then ill set off earlier, cos after the accident I had in Feb im really not comfortable doing that kind of speed, i keep gettin flashbacks and visions of crashes whilst im drivin

Rich
19-05-2005, 00:34
tbh i think ALL convoys should stick to the limits, we all know how quick each others cars are etc but i'd rather stick to the kimits etc so we all get there together without losing people and more importantly in one piece! would be a shame if we ended up with 24 williams instead of 25 due to speeding to keep up! also surely the boys in blue will be about to keep an eye on us and i don't fancy paying £60 to save 10 minutes journey time :)

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 00:41
Last time i wa in covoy with this lot they were out of sight by 200 yards.

Literally. :shock:

Rich
19-05-2005, 01:21
well i think we should agree to keep the speed down on this one! anyone wanting to put their foot down will have paid for tracktime and its just better for us to convoy at a sensible speed so we can take over the m1 with most of the williams that will be on the stand

northy
19-05-2005, 07:37
i wouldnt worry about the motorway speed brun, have you seen the speed bumps we will have to negociate :wink:

Were setting off early so there is no need for any heroics....80mph will do me guys.

BRUN
19-05-2005, 08:38
eh, speed bumps !.....are you bein sarcastic lol

Rich
19-05-2005, 09:11
yeah theos speed bumps are hooge ;) :P

big hp
19-05-2005, 09:16
My convoy to FCS will be whatever I feel like as i'm the only one coming from my way :cry:

Suppose i'll have to make do with a few miles from Jct 20 to the proving ground.

You sorted a place to meet once we've got off at 20 northy?

GazTwo
19-05-2005, 09:23
Last time i wa in covoy with this lot they were out of sight by 200 yards.

Literally. :shock:

lol...yeah but 2 live isn't in the NW convoy so we'll be rite.... :shock:

BRUN my plan is to do 70/80 all the way that's why I'm leaving at bob on 4:30 so I don't have to rush plus don't fancy the fuel bill doing 100+.

The only person that will be in front is Martin so he can stop 50 times to fill up and hopefully keep with the convoy..... :shock:

northy
19-05-2005, 09:30
You sorted a place to meet once we've got off at 20 northy?

There is a layby at the A4304 - so the first ones there park up and wait, unless people who live near can find a pub car park that we can use....ive no local knowledge of the area at all guys.

J o n
19-05-2005, 09:33
so who's going in what convoy then??? I dont think i'll be doing this one with you lot as it' out of my way and adds about an hour or so to my journey... plus wanna keep the miles down

FlamingMonkey
19-05-2005, 09:37
haha set of woofters :lol: :wink:

J o n
19-05-2005, 09:51
it would mean getting up at 3:30 for me tho... :roll: lol

i'll prolly get there before you pussies anyway... 80mph... pah!

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 10:15
You're meeting up with me and Johnny aren't you Jesus?

2 live
19-05-2005, 10:32
thats ur convoy mate lol

il be in the yorks one.....which will add time to u again.

northy
19-05-2005, 10:33
cleans going with swervin when i last checked jesus, so your best tagging along with them.

J o n
19-05-2005, 11:14
Mike/Northy, yeah, i'llbe going with you and Jonny pal, I was gonna stay up there the night before, but Wayne's coming along in his car as well. What time we setting off???

Northy - dunno what Mehdi's doing pal, as far as I know he's getting the train down as he gets back from holiday that day and it going to pick his car up, so wont be attending FCS... :(

northy
19-05-2005, 11:16
hasnt he got it yet ????

Carnt ben drive it over to the show ????? and meet him there ???

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 11:17
I'm going to be leaving my gaff at just after 4 mate. Gives us nearly a half hour to get to knutsford and wake up a bit more before joining the rest of them.

J o n
19-05-2005, 11:40
nah not yet pal, he wanted all the wiring and engine bay to look like something from pimp my ride and is going to pick it up on the day.

i dont think Ben would deliver it to FCS m8 tbh, i'd imagine thats because of all the bad attitude and ill will towards him from certain people... shame really, cos he's a top bloke and not all will get to see the car and his work first hand... I know a few jaws would drop and there would be some stunned silence anyway.

Winston
19-05-2005, 12:21
80mph pah!!!!!!lol

With all thos willys and testosterone....Im guessing 100+....only takes one :wink:

BenR's AWT next to carbonnut at FCS.....is he not?

GazTwo
19-05-2005, 12:25
Well boys I'll be following bum boy MrAtego cause he knows the way so he'll have the cruise control switched on @ 75mph.

U might want to take a leaf out of my book boys save u having to get new engines, gearboxes etc..... :shock: ... :wink:

J o n
19-05-2005, 12:36
not sure Winston, but when I spoke to him he was a bit apprehensive about coming... cant say I blame him at all really...

Gaz, what's the point in that, they are French and will break anyway... plus it's an excuse to get a lower mile engine in... one lower than 33k ;) hehehe

Swervin_Mervin
19-05-2005, 12:37
Mine's already had 'em before I got it so fvck it! :twisted:

Nah, I'll prolly cruise at 75. 80 gets a bit boomy and gives me a bad head over long distances.

Winston
19-05-2005, 12:45
not sure Winston, but when I spoke to him he was a bit apprehensive about coming... cant say I blame him at all really...

Shitter!... was looking forword to having a chat....all due to forum banter :cry:

GazTwo
19-05-2005, 12:45
plus it's an excuse to get a lower mile engine in... one lower than 33k ;) hehehe

:lol: :lol: ....TBH I'm thinking more of the fuel bill, I get quite good MPG around 70/80 but once 100+ it drinks it.... :shock: ....240 mile round trip I only plan on filling up once on the morning.

J o n
19-05-2005, 13:26
Winston - yup, it's a shame, but he's constantly getting put down and personal insults are always flying about. there's banter and there's taking things too far, end of the day its a car forum and I bear no ill will against anyone despite some of my posts, i just enjoy winding people up from time to time (Mitchy :D) and having a laff. Most people that have met me know I'm pretty easy to get along with... same with Ben, if people met him they would most likely change their mind, bu I guess it depends how thick skinned people are and how seriously they take this all. it would be nice to know that if he did come along people would not make trouble for the sake of holding a grudge. all imo

Gaz, know what you mean pal, peccy is gonna be a killer if we start giving it death!!! lol

2 live
19-05-2005, 13:32
shitter mehdis not goin...but just out of intrest..whos he gunna pick the car up off if bens at fcs?? lol

shame the cars not gunna be there too..weve all waited soooo long for this to emerge, see if it lives up to expectations...and u all know my opinion lol....

but tbh if ben cant handle a bit of bad press.....hes in the wrong business, i mean look at LAD...they bin gettin it for years....still doin wot they do best.....claiming outrageous power for minimal mods lol..and still gettin customers too lmao

J o n
19-05-2005, 13:48
i'm sure Ben and Mehdi will arrange something or have done so already. as I understand it Mehdi will be collecting it after meeting Ben at his house.

when I saw it last it was running with the sock filters on which made it go quiet as hell and killed the performance, but they were only a temp solution not being used anymore.

Jon it's not a case of bad press, he gets blamed for things he hasn't done, work he hasn't done all because people like to have a scapegoat. I know Ben and have seen his work 1st hand and he gets accused of breaking people cars etc, where as LAD are just known for not producing what they claim... one example is the sump on my car, everyone was quick to put Ben down, but ask yourself this, did he deny what had happened? nope. did he cover it up and lie to me? nope. was it actually his fault? nope. did I get charged to replace it? nope. he only ever been up front with me, I really have no complaints what so ever with the quality of his work. i've been well pleased all along. it like when myfuel pump died, everyone again assumed Ben was to blame, but a mechanical inspection says otherwise, not that I ever thought the two were connected in the first place.

people laugh and joke about LAD, but people seem to get personal with Ben which aint fair. Get him to do some work on your car, talk to him in person, ask him for advice and you will know what I mean. Just give him a fair go is all i'm saying, some people have gone on like they want to knife him! lol

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 14:02
I think its plain to see that Ben went out of his way to help you Jesus, i think as one last effort to convince the Northwest lot that he is a good mechanic and can do a good job.

Result - he dropped a jack through your sump. Im not saying the oil pump was his fault, but why is it every car he touches blows up or runs like a bag of spanner?

Most of the stuff we say is in jest, but many a true word said in jest, as they say.

J o n
19-05-2005, 14:31
Rob, I know it's in jest, but it's harmful, especially when it's untrue. Ben personally didn't fook me sump up, but took responsibility and sorted it for me, like I saw it's cost me nothing and made no difference either way, I got a new sump out of it :D

My car was running fine for a good while afterwards mate and i'm over the moon with the performance which is what I payed for, so I cant really fault him. What's annoying is the assumptions and blame being passed round, people dont know all the details and it's upsetting to see Ben just get blamed constantly, he a good lad, give him a fair chance. I'd ilke to explain more, but i'm not, I've said all I'm going to say on the matter. I just find it disappointing when people get on his case... remember, I know more of the fine details that you lot, things are not always as clear cut as they seem.

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-05-2005, 15:18
Agreed and well put. I also deal with Ben quite regularly and trust him enough to do work on my cars, customers cars and recommend tuning parts for different engines.

If you want to talk about rip-off tuning companies I suggest no-one ever takes there cars to Clifford Cox engineering in Reading. In the past they completely ripped me off on 2 seperate competition engines and cost me a small fortune. Look how well they are doing these days with their own rolling road and reputation within rallying circles. They are still making shit loads of money off people without the knowledge to question what they are doing.

Martin
19-05-2005, 17:58
haha set of woofters :lol: :wink:

Ditto :lol: I have never been on a 70 mph motorway cruise with you lot..lol Usually stay between 85-150mph...hehe

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 18:43
Rob, I know it's in jest, but it's harmful, especially when it's untrue. Ben personally didn't fook me sump up, but took responsibility and sorted it for me, like I saw it's cost me nothing and made no difference either way, I got a new sump out of it :D

My car was running fine for a good while afterwards mate and i'm over the moon with the performance which is what I payed for, so I cant really fault him. What's annoying is the assumptions and blame being passed round, people dont know all the details and it's upsetting to see Ben just get blamed constantly, he a good lad, give him a fair chance. I'd ilke to explain more, but i'm not, I've said all I'm going to say on the matter. I just find it disappointing when people get on his case... remember, I know more of the fine details that you lot, things are not always as clear cut as they seem.

That is true, but at the end of the day, if Ben doesnt want shit from me he should think twice before giving me shit about my car / tyre choice / attitude to non-modification. He has given me plenty in the past, and i give as good as i get.

Its all swings and roundabouts. :D

Martin
19-05-2005, 19:05
MMMmmm Roundabouts!

BRUN
19-05-2005, 19:07
back on topic please !!

KingStromba
19-05-2005, 19:07
You wait till you get those coilovers on before you start worrying about roundabouts young man. :D

Mirror signal manoover

2 live
20-05-2005, 10:03
hmmmmmmmmmm roundabouts

and as far as the tuning goes, my comments arent aimed at 1 particular company, most of the so-called tuning companies are there to make money, to make money they will rip off the unsuspecting, unknowing customers, who when served with a smile and baffled by science a little go away very pleased with shoddy work.......seen it time and time again on supposed show cars too....northy will vouch for how critical i am when confronted with 'SHOW CARS' lol