PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Clutch Release Bearing

VIPERONE
16-04-2007, 14:16
for those with a noisy clutch bearing...i would take action and change it..lol

mines been noisy for about a year... then today it disabled itself..locking the clutch plate on to the fly wheel.

No gear selection when engine on....engine off..no problem... i can hear the remains of the bearing rattling in the box to engine hollow. lol

attempted to free the bearing to no avail... it is mashed.

I planned to change it next month...grrr no problems though will sort it in the morning

summeh
17-04-2007, 19:51
bah, clutches are for girls anyway! :wink:

FlamingMonkey
17-04-2007, 20:07
lol mine rattles like fook

jay s
17-04-2007, 20:55
what do they sound like when they are going? anything like a wheel bearing? ive got a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing is gone but when i dip the clutch noise dissappers, lift clutch and noise comes back. ive always thought this to be the gearbox :? ....

summeh
17-04-2007, 21:16
what do they sound like when they are going? anything like a wheel bearing? ive got a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing is gone but when i dip the clutch noise dissappers, lift clutch and noise comes back. ive always thought this to be the gearbox :? ....

Nope thats a clutch release bearing... Noise when the clutch plate is engaged, no noise when disengaged. Should sound like a can of nuts or summat shaking around.

VIPERONE
17-04-2007, 22:12
yup...thats right.. mine was noisy...ran it for nearly a year and the damm thing has gone completely! lol cant wait to spliit the block and inspect

jay s
17-04-2007, 22:36

Nope thats a clutch release bearing... Noise when the clutch plate is engaged, no noise when disengaged. Should sound like a can of nuts or summat shaking around.

so u would say my thrust bearing is ****ed? or my box?

BristolSam16v
17-04-2007, 23:09

so u would say my thrust bearing is f**ked? or my box?

He means your release bearing is shafted, when you dip the clutch the fork pushes against the bearing etc only cost about a £1/2 just getting to it thats the problem ;)