PDA

View Full Version : advise on steering and fuel gauge

bendee
16-04-2007, 12:22
got my new williams thursday and so far i love it i just need to sort a couple things.

first off is the steering is abit loose theres abit of play in the wheel before it actually starts to turn. what could this be?

and secondly the petrol gauge doesnt work properly as it doesnt go down that is unless the car doesnt use any petrol.

im going to give the car a really really good clean wednesday not that it needs it its pretty much imaculate lol then ill stick some pics up.

thanks for any help.

MatBrown
16-04-2007, 12:50
The steering will be a worn UJ at the bottom of the column.
I can supply you with one that has been repaired for £30.
Can also fit at extra cost, i'm in Hinckley, Leics.

Guage is probably faulty and easiest fix is to find a replacement.
I have a full set but not keen on splitting them.

Mat.

northy
16-04-2007, 12:53
there is a complete tank assembly on ebay that might be of use ?

bendee
16-04-2007, 13:02
hi matt your only like 30 mins away from me what kinda cost would i be looking at for the steering to be sorted? is it a easy job. and same with the dials whats the price on them.

MatBrown
16-04-2007, 13:34
PM me.
Just off to work.

Mat.

cliokiz
16-04-2007, 14:07
BENDEE! Didn't know you'd got yourself a Williams!!

You'd best pop round and show me that beast! PM me and we'll hook up!

Congrats on the Mk1 ownership - you know it's right :lol:

white16valver
16-04-2007, 14:43
re: the petrol gauge thing, have you filled it up?

Mine won't move off the top for about 80-100 miles if I brim it, then comes down normally to the bottom segment, which then disappears super-fast in 50 miles lol

bendee
16-04-2007, 15:17
when i bought it i went straight to pertrol station and fillied it right up and it stayed at the top till i was home 120 miles or so.
when i turned the car off then on again it moved down to 3/4 when i first filled it up it was at 1/4 so i duno whats up with it. chap at a cs meet said it could just need cleaning behind the dials?

kiz cheers matey add me on msn chap benlee990@hotmail.com