PDA

View Full Version : Valver box problems..again (HELP)

Andyvalver
12-04-2007, 14:13
Right guys, im well pissed off.

Basically, my gearbox broke about 2 weeks ago, started not selecting gears and i couldnt move the stick around. Neutral made the car go fowards and that was it. Anyway, i had it fixed and was without the motor for a few weeks. had a new casing and recon internals.

Ive had the car about 3-4 days and just pulled up home, put it in reverse to get on the drive and the ****in thing went forwards! Now its stuck in gear again in neutral and i cant get any other gear with the stick other than reverse which goes forwards!

Please tell me this is a sector problem, please please please.

If its not im seriosly considering scrapping it and gettin somethin else :shock:

northy
12-04-2007, 14:35
dont you have any warrenty on the work you had done ???

Andyvalver
12-04-2007, 14:41
Sort of lol. My dad runs the garage :lol:

He sent the box away to be fixed through work and fitted it for me. But the thing is, its the same problem as before :o

MAXIBOY
12-04-2007, 16:44
well if the box has been repaired it must be a selector problem. try fitting a new gear stick selector or check the other one hasn,t come loose.

Andyvalver
12-04-2007, 16:47
Yeah cheers, ill take a look. Probably remove it and see.

Im really pissed off today though. ****in friday the 13th :shock:

Andyvalver
12-04-2007, 20:12
Just been and had a look at it. Removed a few things. Seems its stuck in 3rd gear and no way of gettin it out. Engine + box out again.. :roll:

Chris H
13-04-2007, 11:50
take the end cover off and knock the selectros back into place.

Andyvalver
15-04-2007, 12:48
take the end cover off and knock the selectros back into place.

Chris, you were spot on mate. The guy who did my gearbox did that, it seemed to be stuck in 3rd gear and wouldnt come out. My only worry is that it will do it again now cuz surely it shouldnt do it in the first place :?

Chris H
16-04-2007, 15:11
how knacked is the linkage?

Theres 2 bushes at the box end, a metal collar and a rubber thing that goesover, if the bush is worn or missing it will try and select 2 gears at once.

If theres no distinctive gate feel to it (it should feel liemk a ferrari gear lever gate looks like) then check the linkage, sort it if its worn.

Andyvalver
16-04-2007, 16:36
Well, the guy who built the box sorted it out, it shouldnt be worn cuz its just been fixed/refurbed but i dunno. Seems ok at the moment, im just takin it steady when selecting reverse as thats when it did it before.

Andyvalver
16-04-2007, 16:36
Oh, it seems pretty normal tbh. quite notchy like a new box 8)

Chris H
16-04-2007, 16:47
its somethign thats normally not replaced, in fact I see a lot of cars with the bushes missing.

Anyway if its not that then the detent springs were not renewed when it was rebuilt, so get it rebuilt properly.