PDA

View Full Version : Ph1 roof console bits

Scougar
11-04-2007, 01:35
Hi guys,

Was taking apart my mk1 ph1 roof console at 12-1:30 am tonight(bored), and discovered that the Infrared receptor card is corroded and unuseable (what are my options, the chip with a printed label + number is still fine and I assume that contains some sort of code?) (anyone got a spare IR card?)

The small transistor at the front of the card has one leg completely eroded off, and the resistor next to it looks a bit rusty, so repair prob not a good option on this one. Oh and the IR dark red cover snapped in half lol, just typical :roll:

The sunroof motor works at least 1 way, but the glass does not move. Clowo16v has offered a ph1 electric sunroof system (a while ago) but does anyone know the differences between ph1 sunroof and ph2 sunroof? (photos?). Can I install (easily) the ph2 system into my valver, i.e. just plug and play with existing connectors?

Thanks peeps. Just trying to sort this valver out to be something I enjoy instead of hate.

Matthew

Winston
11-04-2007, 02:24
Motors are the same Ph1 and Ph2 electric ....Just the glass fits in different ways

Scougar
11-04-2007, 09:28
Is it the cogs inside the motor itself that wear out or is it something else that needs to be replaced when they fail to open? (i.e. motor turns but nothing happens).

Matthew

Scougar
11-04-2007, 10:52
Also.. does anyone know if I have to keep the ROM chip from the infrared PCB in order for central locking (my key fob) to be recognised etc?

Matthew

1fast6
11-04-2007, 11:20
iirc phase 1 IR sensors are linked to the key fobs. If you replace it, you need to appropriate fob.

Phase 2 sensors are different and relay the signal to the ecu so are interchangable with other phase 2 sensors.

Scougar
11-04-2007, 11:49
iirc phase 1 IR sensors are linked to the key fobs. If you replace it, you need to appropriate fob.

Phase 2 sensors are different and relay the signal to the ecu so are interchangable with other phase 2 sensors.

Bah... sounds expensive :( Would just be nice to have 'remote' central locking and the alarm working. Will have to find someone with a ph1 IR card and try swapping over the ROM chip or attempt a repair on mine replacing the transistor and resistors (looks a bit of a mess though and I will need a decent electronics soldering iron).

Third option is get another card with fobs and use that (Don't want to buy brand new though as that's seriously expensive :( )

Matthew

VIPERONE
11-04-2007, 11:54
you cannot interchange the phase 2 sensors. tried it failed.

on phase 1 valvers you can just swap the ir plip sensor, and then get the appropriate key to match the ir plipper.

problem with ph2 plippers are that the ecu is matched to it, as well as the sender unit which is secreted in the dash electrics .....just ask winstn the nightmare job he had.

you can buy immobiliser bypass modules on ebay... u could always buy a cheap remote central locking system.

Scougar
11-04-2007, 12:10
I already have some weird red little fob to turn the immobilizer off when it's against the steering column, so for some reason someone has changed it at some point I assume (perhaps because the sensor failed and they didn't investigate?).

Anyone breaking a ph1 valver that doesn't want the key fob and IR sensor? :shock: :D

Matthew

MAXIBOY
11-04-2007, 12:14
winston breaking about three or more ask him. mind you there such a pain i did away with mine and bought a cat one alarm system.

Scougar
11-04-2007, 12:22
A pain in what way?

Matthew

MAXIBOY
11-04-2007, 12:32
well i never found that it was all that good or reliable even when undamaged. range was crap remote was not very reliable a bit picky etc.

Scougar
11-04-2007, 12:40
:( Not sounding good lol.

With the installed alarm, did it have an immobiliser on ph1 valvers? If not I will continue to use the aftermarket immob and try and get the original alarm working though. I am frequently in totally unlit areas as I live in rural location so having central locking would really be handing rather than scraping the car etc.

Matthew

MAXIBOY
11-04-2007, 12:46
no don,t think phase ones had a factory fitted immobiliser

Swervin_Mervin
11-04-2007, 13:21
Of course when everyone says ph1 they actually mean ph1.5. :wink:

Scougar
11-04-2007, 14:15

lol thanks.. are you suggesting that not all mk1's were the same spec (shock horror) or that most peeps on here have modded there cars?

I actually have a metro gti with a clifford concept 50 alarm on it, but I really can't be bothered to attempt to strip it off that, as I just about to get rid of the GTi (it's been sat in my garage for 2 years).

I have messaged winston, so hopefully he comes up trumps :) Can you transfer the actual key to a different fob section? (I am at work so don't have a screwdriver handy).

Matthew

MAXIBOY
11-04-2007, 14:17
if the clifford works strip it off. can,t be that much work.

Scougar
11-04-2007, 14:25
I do seem to remember the siren itself was stuck between on an off (it has one of those locks like the original stop locks (circular type)). Would have to get that sorted... Anyway.. I like standard :shock: but I suppose your right, I may give it a go. Garage is 9 miles from my parents place and about 22 miles from my new place, so bit of a pain. (Hence why it sat there for 2 years lol).

Would still like to get the original up and running if possible though.

Matthew

VIPERONE
11-04-2007, 17:01
winston hasnt got any mate.. iwent up for one a bit back.. none in.

get one of a phase 1 rt etcon ebay

Scougar
11-04-2007, 18:47
Thanks Mr. Gun sir :) I will keep my eyes peeled in that case and watch the for sale section. Even the little red cover broke in half lol.

Will keep eyes peeled for sunroof motor as well :) Hope it is just a dodgy motor as it will make things a lot simpler (well apart from taking it all out and resealing it of course :roll: )

Matthew

Swervin_Mervin
11-04-2007, 22:08

lol thanks.. are you suggesting that not all mk1's were the same spec (shock horror) or that most peeps on here have modded there cars?

Matthew

Nah. I mean the phase 1s don't have electric roofs, only manual. The late ph1 do, (or ph 1.5 as Winston refers to them).

Back on topic though when I had trouble with my ph 1.5 it seemed to me to be the actual roof mechanism that had worn, rather than the gear wheels.

1995clio16v
11-04-2007, 22:28
Im just about to send a cheque off to clowo for the complete sunroof.

Will it fit my phase II ok or not?

The motor is ****ed in mine.

He's offered me the lot motor and glass.

Cheers
Leigh

Scougar
11-04-2007, 23:25
Clowo16v did say that it was a ph2 sunroof and it wouldn't fit my phase 1. It should fit since yours is also a ph2 :)

Swervin> I gotta admit I am a little worried about taking the sunroof out in case I can't get it back down again lol. Will have to do it over a weekend i think... or just get out the duck tape :shock:

Matthew

1995clio16v
11-04-2007, 23:29
I'll double check that with him.

My alarm doesnt work but central locking does.

About 6 months ago the central locking stopped working and Ive no doubt it was because of the water leaking into the console.

Obvioulsy the immob is on the fob and it wouldnt disarm because of a fault which Im presuming was because the water had leaked in and knackered the electrics.

The eye internals on the plate was all corroded.

What is the fundamental issue with clio sunroofs? Why do they leak?

Is this your problem matthew?

Swervin_Mervin
11-04-2007, 23:29
You'll be fine. :wink:

Scougar
12-04-2007, 07:32
The eye internals on the plate was all corroded.

What is the fundamental issue with clio sunroofs? Why do they leak?

Is this your problem matthew?

New to clios with only 2 months of ownership under my belt, but mine wasn't working when I bought it. I had assumed up to now that it was because of the horrendous leakage from the sunroof coming right out of the IR Receiver. The front of the pcb is all corroded and a transister is missing a leg. Until I take it apart I can't say why they leak precisely, and there are a fair few variants of sunroof on clios. It is quite possible that the sun hardens the seal rubber over time and so it becomes less effective at sealing. Mine actually had a gap between rubber and glass so now suprise for me lol.

Another consideration is that of design. The clio has no drainholes.. yes... no drainholes, in the sunroof at all. It relies entirely on a good seal. Also, design wise, the plastic shroud against the roof can also let water in, and people take this off and seal it as well.

I'm sure clowo16v ph2 glass/motor will fit your car :)

Matthew

MAXIBOY
12-04-2007, 09:36
they leak around the frame as over 10 years of constant roof flexing the factory seal brakes down. also they can leak from the aerial hole too. plus with old cars the roof console becomes a condensation point so the electronics can corrode even when the car has no leaks.

BRUN
12-04-2007, 09:40
get an aftermarket alarm fitted

i had to after my car locked me out for a week, im delocked

Scougar
12-04-2007, 10:11
lol... Not much faith in the clio's system :roll:

If I have time I will try get this concept 50 out then. Just a shame not to be able to use the original. I like original.

Matthew