PDA

View Full Version : Central locking clip

Scougar
10-04-2007, 10:51
Hi guys,

boot central locking doesn't work only because the little red clip that holds the bar in is broken. Anyone know if you can buy these seperately? (I had tried using a cable tie with a hoop at the end but wasn't enough to keep it in unfortunately.

Matthew

mk1 clio
10-04-2007, 11:59
yes you can get them from renault, i broke one on the passenger door when removing the solinoid.

Scougar
10-04-2007, 12:40
Fantastic :) I would have thought they would make you buy the entire central locking mech just to get one lol.

I suppose it's one of those parts they make deliberately weak...

Matthew

MAXIBOY
10-04-2007, 16:57
might have one kicking about. want to show me which part.

Scougar
10-04-2007, 23:21
Thanks Maxi :) I bought one on the way home along with a new water expansion cap, but thankyou for the offer. It was about £3 for the little red clip (will check exact figure tomorrow on the bill). Now have fully working central locking again.

Matthew

nyk
10-04-2007, 23:32
You must be getting close to the point where nothing else can go wrong with your valver now!

:D

Scougar
10-04-2007, 23:43
The worst part is that I BOUGHT the car with all these problems!!! I was so into selling my 200sx for £4.5k to buy furniture and help with my wedding that I just wanted a different car that wasn't a slouch but still returned good milage. I was blinded by ooo it drives comfy (I came from full race suspension), and the dials look nice.... and was in a rush to get another car. Was very stupid of me (or just me not having experience with clio's + rushing).

There was one closer (a member on here!!!) and i thought that this clio was mint, so didn't look at the members car. Never again. Anyway, at least this clio is getting some TLC that it desperately needs and will live on :) I can't bear to sell a car on knowing that it isn't right. I still have to sort the handbrake out and check the pads, bleed the system etc.

My issues now are: Fix handbrake + check brakes, adjust throttle control valve, fix sunroof, replace all lights except clear side repeaters, and try to figure out what some idiot has done to the original alarm wiring so I can use the central locking and alarm again :)

She will be nice one day.

Matthew