PDA

View Full Version : Williams Steering rack change......

Amirclio
10-04-2007, 09:30
After fitting my williams subframe to the tungston, looks as though i have cross threaded one of the green power steering pipes into the rack :? As a result it has pissed all the ffluid out! School boy error yes. The question is, is this now beyond repair? How hard are they to change?

Any guides to changes it/fixing it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Amir

northy
10-04-2007, 09:53
if the thread is still ok you can try using a tap and die set to recut the thread....

Rich
10-04-2007, 09:54
if the thread is still ok you can try using a tap and die set to recut the thread....

had this done to mine (thanks clowo aka matt) as i threaded the rack so it can be done mate. best to take it out and do it in front of you as the room in there is impossible to work in with the rack in the bay!

cliokiz
10-04-2007, 10:05
Unlucky Amir :(

Good luck getting it sorted!!

1fast6
10-04-2007, 10:24
i did this to my rack. ended up replacing it with a 2nd hand item...

Replaced the rack in the car, definately one of the most fustrating things to do on these. Need subframe dropping, engine moving forward etc.

Amirclio
10-04-2007, 10:27
Right chaps,

Thanks for the advice, looks like its comming off again! :cry:

Amir

jay s
10-04-2007, 15:30
lol ive done exactly the same thing fella, crossthreaded the middle pipe on the rack :roll: ive got a valver rack which still has the arms atached but can't get them off for love nor money :evil: ive had enough of it and am taking it to a garage to sort, got 2 quotes today to change it, were £100 and £200...... think i'll just go with the £100 one .