PDA

View Full Version : How do i undo trackrods from the rack ?

jay s
08-04-2007, 12:52
i need to change my rack but as i have widetrack i need to change the trackrod arms. ive had a look at the valver rack ive got here and can't quite work out what the **** i need to do to get the arms off?? anyone done it before? ive taken a pic of the valver rack and am hoping someone could draw some lines on it as to where i need to undo .... thanks for any help :D
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/jay16v-/DSCF2492Medium.jpg

MAXIBOY
08-04-2007, 12:54
is it not just the track rod ball joint ends that are longer. rather than the steering arms themselves.

Coops
08-04-2007, 19:35
he means the arms maxiboy i think!

jay, that collar thing in the middle, u need to undo that, its supposedly an absolute bitch to do, particularly if you want to reuse the parts.

get a garage or someone pro to do it for you imo

jay s
08-04-2007, 19:50
thanks fella, just had a good look through dialogys and found out how to do it from the repair section ( they call them axle bearings :? ) waiting for a friend to come round with another pair of mole grips and if that does'nt shift them then its off to the garage :lol:

finlay
11-04-2007, 08:55
thanks fella, just had a good look through dialogys and found out how to do it from the repair section ( they call them axle bearings :? ) waiting for a friend to come round with another pair of mole grips and if that does'nt shift them then its off to the garage :lol:

try heat, vice and a set of stillys

finlay
11-04-2007, 08:56

try heat, vice and a set of stillys