PDA

View Full Version : windscreen cracked...

Scougar
07-04-2007, 17:25
How annoying.. slowly sorting the neglect on the mechanics of the valver, going down the motorway, and CRACKKK! A stone from the audi in front cracks the screen on the top left side :( I've been driving for 12 years and have never had it happen on any car i've owned. This car seems to attract problems lol. Can I blame it on thin french glass? lol

Matthew

VIPERONE
07-04-2007, 17:28
oui...
is there a milky colour in the glass anywhere?

MatBrown
07-04-2007, 17:30
Can I blame it on thin french glass? lol

Hell, Why not!! :wink:

Mat.

Allan
07-04-2007, 17:30
lol fully comp ?

i got done by a gritter the other night :S

loads of chips!

i was going past one when it started to spray and the car in front braked like mad, they must have been in shock or somthing meaning i was stuck right in the spraying line and the whole front end got peppered :S so now i need a new windscreen and bonet / bumper need painting :S gutted!

FATBOY
07-04-2007, 17:42
i was unlucky last year! i needed a new screen which under insurance was £60 excess... then 2 weeks later... a stone kicked up again and cracked the new screen. and had to fork out another £60 for another new screen! lol

ae
07-04-2007, 17:58
i was unlucky last year! i needed a new screen which under insurance was £60 excess... then 2 weeks later... a stone kicked up again and cracked the new screen. and had to fork out another £60 for another new screen! lol

Sods law.

Andrew

Scougar
08-04-2007, 00:54
wow.. that really is unlucky!!!
After only 2 weeks!

Will have to wait till tuesday to call insurance and hopefully get it sorted whilst i'm at work. I have windscreen cover at £50 on fully comp protected. Not sure what it does to the insurance policy though in terms of no claims etc.

Bit annoying really. I (so close) to going to pick up a 1988 Nissan Silvia 1.8 Turbo (200bhp) this weekend. Decided against it as wedding in 4 weeks time so saving all the money I can, then this happens :( The car was offered free until I get back would have only cost me fuel which would have been the cost of the windscreen :( . Oh well.....

Matthew

Joel
08-04-2007, 00:58
lol fully comp ?

i got done by a gritter the other night :S

loads of chips!

i was going past one when it started to spray and the car in front braked like mad, they must have been in shock or somthing meaning i was stuck right in the spraying line and the whole front end got peppered :S so now i need a new windscreen and bonet / bumper need painting :S gutted!

Cant u Claim against the Council??

FATBOY
08-04-2007, 02:04
it doesnt affect your no claims!!!

Scougar
08-04-2007, 09:07
it doesnt affect your no claims!!!

Fantastic :) Thankyou Fatboy :)

Would Allan need the reg of the council vehicle/drivers name etc to attempt a claim?

Matthew

Allan
08-04-2007, 12:17
some big sprayer thing tbh i didnt hang about behind it to get the reg lol

Scougar
10-04-2007, 10:47
Another hazard for the road then :( Like lorries carrying uncovered loads etc.

Called RAC windscreen peeps (through insurance) and it won't affect my no claims (as advised, so cheers chaps :)) but it is unlikely it will be replaced until later this week or next week :( Apparently the screens only come with a green tint for clio's, only the RT's (or maybe RL's?) had a clear screen. Looked at my screen and it doesn't appear to be green tinted :?

Matthew