PDA

View Full Version : Clunk from front left... its getting worse :(

jwarren2k2
06-04-2007, 20:38
Evening everyone,

There's been a couple of threads recently about a clunk coming from the front left area.

One solution was to change the ball joints... i have done this today and the clunk is still there. My biggest concern is that over the last ferw days its been getting worse.

Ive just been for a little drive to define when the clunk occurs.

It occurs if a go in a straight line at a fairly quick speed (40-50mph) then brake quite heavily... its really makes a bang and you can feel it thorugh the floor.

It also happened when i was going along the road and doing a bit of left right left right steering on the straight road... each time i turned to the right, it clunked. It also happens when i turn into roundabouts and some right bends, depending on my speed.

I have replaced the swivel hub and bearing, track rod end, lower arm ball joint, shock and spring on the left side.

Any input from anyone, or a solution that helped others with the same problem would be much appreciated as its getting worse and im starting to get quite concerned about it!

Many thanks,
James

katbloke
06-04-2007, 21:32
CV joint, gearbox mount, shock top mount

VIPERONE
06-04-2007, 22:01
as above... + check Anti roll bar, both engine mounts... hub nut and calliper nuts

Allan
06-04-2007, 22:46
also check your subframe bolts i had a lose one once !! clunked a lot !