PDA

View Full Version : Intermitent Central Locking - HELP!

mikeymikewakey
06-04-2007, 18:19
When im trying to use the key-fob to activate the c-locking, it probable does it in one in every 50 attempts at pressing the button.

Ive checked the connectors in the fob, tried new batteries in the fob, checked fuses in the car and also briefly scanned over the connections in the unit adjacent to the sunroof aswell. Everything is fine, but still no joy.

Does any one have any solutions or have any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Mike

VIPERONE
06-04-2007, 18:54
pull the infra red sensor complete out take it in side and strip it down to the circuit board. you will see 3 x ir diodes. check the solder points where the legs go. there may well be blue/green corrosion.. lightly scrape it away so the contacts are not bridged.

Also check the 3 ir diodes are not bent out of alignment. failing that strip your key down and check the micro switch and again for corrosion/ water intrusion

mikeymikewakey
06-04-2007, 19:55
Hey gunner, thanks for that.

Ive just tried those ideas and still no joy.
Is it possible at all for me (with the car having an immobiliser) to find a different central locking unit and key fob to match that i can replace mine with? Or will result in the immobiliser not deactivating?

If not, do you think its gonna be a renault job - i.e, new fobs and central locking device?

Cheers