PDA

View Full Version : Legal note

Purple
18-05-2005, 07:42
Just read the legal bit under Driving Tales
"Your driving stories, Good roads, 1/4 Mile times, trackdays & Dyno Figures. LEGAL NOTE: Any views or opinions stated in this forum are not necessarily the views and opinions of the The Club "

Shouldn't that caveat cover the for ALL the forums. Unless, you mean to say that the stuff about gays, religons, deviant sexual behaviour etc, in the other forums wholely represent the Club's views and opinion :wink:

northy
18-05-2005, 07:53
there is a disclamer for the whole site, but driving tales has had alot of intrest from other forum designers - hence the seperate legal notice.

Dont want anything to happen as im very new to this game.

KingStromba
18-05-2005, 10:19
Northy, its not illegal to tell stories. Where all this shit came from that you would be responsible for what is written is rediculous. Anymore than i could take a land lord to court because someone told me aboud breaking the speed limit in a pub.

The real reason other forums removed their driving tales was because it was disagreeable to the owners. I have that on good authority.

This is a public forum. It is illegal to break the law by speeding. It is not illegal to talk about it.

As there would be no way of ever prooving that a story was factually correct and did indeed occur, there is no legal aspect to this. Could you imagine a guy taking his mate to court becuase 'he told him he raced another car on the road'. No. It wont happen.

Best thing to do to be sure is to change the sign up page from 13 to 18. That way you are dealing 100% with adults and cannot be deemed to be influencing minors.

J o n
18-05-2005, 10:23
agree with KS, but also think it should be there as a better safe than sorry sorta way. at least it distances the forum from the views held.

northy
08-06-2005, 13:22
just covering the members back and my own mate.

I added it for the simple reason...i want people to be aware their posts can and could be seen by anyone in the event of something happening.