PDA

View Full Version : wish me luck tom!!!!!

peteh
05-04-2007, 21:35
going to pick my willie one tom, from where it's been sat for 6 months :shock:

77k, nice car, just needs a few things sorting (cambelt, oh god im not looking forward to that), mot and taxing. And taking the dam K+N off :lol:

going to get her on a trailor as i don't trust the cambelt, as there is no proof it's been down at 72k like it should have in the service history, better safe and sorry :oops:

hopefully bringing the spare engine and gearbox back with me that's sitting next to her,that's been sitting there for a year, if i can negotiate a price, what are they worth?

Ill post some pictures tom for you all to see.

pete

FATBOY
05-04-2007, 21:53
good luck!!! :D

MAXIBOY
05-04-2007, 22:13
is the car inside or outside. an engine sat outside for a year could be scrap if not stored properly.

peteh
05-04-2007, 22:26
what should i look for then mate? it's been covered in lots of blankets, maybe worth it for the box? :?

MAXIBOY
05-04-2007, 22:32
might be worth it for parts even if damaged just don,t pay too much. problem is that the bores if not filled with oil regularly or to the top will rust up. if this is bad it will require a rebore and pistons etc. also the cams and other polished metal surfaces. i suppose removing the rocker cover will give you some indication of condition. gearboxes seam to last better though. i would try to get that as a definite spare. just check the engine and pay accordingly

peteh
05-04-2007, 22:36
cheers mate, they haven't got a clue, it was from a willie that there son wrote off a year ago and he took the engine out as it was lower mileage than the one im buying less than 77k i believe, i suppose i could pop the rocker cover off quick and look at the cams, if they have surface rust then im sure the bores will be the same.

the gearbox is still attached to the engine, but from what ove heard it's worth having a spare box, and maybe ebay the engine :(

MAXIBOY
05-04-2007, 22:40
both are worth having just explain that the engines going to need work and negotiate the price down. but get them if you can.

peteh
05-04-2007, 22:41
was going to offer £100 tops for them both, as i doubt they will ever sell them, and it gets them off there drive, they want the car gone for sentimental reasons :(

£100 sound ok?

FATBOY
05-04-2007, 22:43
£100 quid
cheap as chips!

MAXIBOY
05-04-2007, 22:43
sounds a bargain. boxes are 150 engines 400 good and 100 in need of a rebuild