PDA

View Full Version : speed traps

FATBOY
13-02-2005, 20:13
quoted from a post on CS

"Is it an offence to warn oncoming traffic of those scumbags hiding in vans trying to trap people who drive to the conditions of the road rather than the limit???

I personally think that there should be a code of conduct ..just like the lorries do with flashing their lights and left/right indicating ...but is it legal ?? after all all gatsos and vans have to advertise the fact they are 'trapping' so by rights we should be able to excercise our right to warn other motorists too"

thing is tho! once u hacve passed the speed camera and flashing other people to warn them,how are the law gonna know that ur warning them???

discuss

KingStromba
13-02-2005, 20:23
It would be almost impossible for police to prove you were flashing oncoming traffic. You could easily argue that you were warning of danger ahead, the same 'danger' the camera van was using to justify its existance at that site.

How could they prove you were simply not going to full beam, saw a car coming so went straight back to dipped lights. They cannot prove guilt, therefore you will always be innocent and as such unconvictable.

I have slowed many times at flashed lights, a few times it has prevented my passing a speed trap at speed, another time i slowed and found a deer in the road. A good driver will always warn other road users.

big hp
13-02-2005, 20:38
Agree with stromba you cant prove anything. A good driver will always warn other drivers of danger ahead, regardless of what it is.

I got stopped today and read the riot act over my road angel. Told the copper to piss off, (them exact words too). Got section 5 quoted to me, LOL twat!

FATBOY
13-02-2005, 20:43
Agree with stromba you cant prove anything. A good driver will always warn other drivers of danger ahead, regardless of what it is.

I got stopped today and read the riot act over my road angel. Told the copper to piss off, (them exact words too). Got section 5 quoted to me, LOL twat! :shock:

big hp
13-02-2005, 20:45
Just got a producer and told its only a matter of time before there banned. Oh and too change my attitude, he looked scared of me. LOL

Daz
13-02-2005, 21:13
Erm, Road Angels will never be banned.. they just warn you of accident blackspots.

The laser detector might, but you can disable it in the menus.

big hp
13-02-2005, 21:15
I know, I did point that out to him and told him to visit the blackspot website if he didn't believe me.

KingStromba
13-02-2005, 21:20
That bullshit anyway. Its not a cops job to say 'hey in 100 years time rubber tyres may be illegal so watch it son'

If its not illegal right now he should shut his mouth.