PDA

View Full Version : getting access to air temp sensor

Scougar
29-03-2007, 19:50
Hi guys,

Had a search, yielded nothing useful.

How do i remove the mirror glass, mirror surround etc to get access to the outside air temp sensor please?

Thanks,
Matthew

MatBrown
29-03-2007, 20:47
Phase 1 or phase 2?
Whats the problem, flashing -30?

Mat.

Matty86
29-03-2007, 21:22
to take the mirror glass off, there is either a small hole in the bottom of the mirror that you put a flat headed screwdriver in to and use it to turn a disk on the back of the glass or 2 little pins at the bottom of the glass that you have to push up - again using a wide flat screwdriver.

You can then unscrew the motor etc and should be able to get to the temp sensor!

Scougar
29-03-2007, 23:18
ok dokie... the good old flat screwdriver up through the titchy slot trcik eh! :D

Maxi... prob is flashing 50C :(

Good news is, I did fix the rear central locking motor... little plastic clip had broken that held bar on. So i used a ring ended cable tie to keep it in place and still allow it movement :) Works perfectly :D lol. Man this car has so many problems :(

Matthew

Scougar
04-04-2007, 10:18
Ok update...

Not had a chance to look at it yet due to other commitments (moving house and sorting wedding etc)... but got in the car today.. and it was reading 3 C and wasn't flashing. Not long after starting the car it started flashing at 3C and halfway to work (19 miles) it returned to the good old flashing 50 C (occasionally displays 30 C flashing).

Is this a wiring issue or a duff sensor? Any tips before I try and pull the wing mirror apart? (I.e. is it more likely a problem with the dash?)

Matthew

MatBrown
04-04-2007, 11:17
Try the relay in the fusebox first and also check the wiring where the mirror joins the door loom.

Mat.

Scougar
04-04-2007, 12:16
:) Thanks Mat. Will check it out thurs, fri or the weekend :)

Matthew

BRUN
04-04-2007, 18:28
was the temp likely to actually be 3c, as its been warm lately