PDA

View Full Version : Very Loud Bang + Jolt from Hybrid?

AmDaMan
29-03-2007, 02:11
Hey earlier me and coops were doing a couple of acceleration runs so 7k in each gear until 3rd gear. Anyways it was all fine but then when we were going driving normally the car made a very loud bang from the zorst but it jolted the car :shock:

I pulled up, the engine was ticking over fine, temp was normal, so I drove home normally and there was no noticeable loss of power or anything and when I got back I checked the coolant, leaks, and anything dodgy in the bay an it was all good!

So I'm wondering what it was likely to be and why it did it? There is usually a pop when changing gear at 6-7k but nothing like that! and I was going at about 3k when it happened.

thanks.

bluenose
29-03-2007, 08:59
Sounds stupid but are you sure you didnt run over anything?!
I ran over a rock once and it caught my exhaust and i shat myself! lol.

Clio_GTT
29-03-2007, 09:49
sounds like it misfired for some reason, keep an ear on it :lol:

AmDaMan
29-03-2007, 11:05
Yeah definately didn't hit anything, the bang came from the exhaust but the car jolted wildly! It was crazy. If it was a missfire I wonder why? Someone suggested overfuelling? I was giving it some stick though but it loved it!!

Couldn't catch coops though haha, that thing is nuts.

Clio_GTT
29-03-2007, 11:53
Did you blip the throttle on over-run ? maybe just a massive pop

cliokiz
29-03-2007, 12:11
Perhaps it ejaculated something out of the exhaust..

Have you checked for anything missing under the car?

Clio_GTT
29-03-2007, 12:16
Perhaps it ejaculated something out of the exhaust..

Have you checked for anything missing under the car?

maybe the car behind was good looking ?

cliokiz
29-03-2007, 12:48
Maybe the car liked 'AmDaMan' being a bit rough with it's gearstick and couldn't hold it in any more? :wink:

AmDaMan
29-03-2007, 12:54
haha, cheers :P Only way I can tell if it likes it is to thrash it again and see what it does :D

VIPERONE
29-03-2007, 13:25
uncle Buck?

cliokiz
29-03-2007, 13:35
You'll know you're exciting her too much if you get so called 'mayo' under the oil filler cap

We all know that's just bullshit, its actually the engine shooting it's load!

Clio_GTT
29-03-2007, 14:00
uncle Buck?

LMFAO

Daz0371
29-03-2007, 20:16
Happened to me when I had a 5GT turbo turned out to be a valve sticking, probably due to being over revved. It only happened once (twice on the same journey) and then seemed to clear it's self up.

I wouldn't worry about it until it breaks, Thats what I do :D

AmDaMan
30-03-2007, 12:08
It jolted twice today but didn't bang this time, was like a miss fire, wasn't giving it any either. Must be something electrical?

Matt_16v
30-03-2007, 12:14
coilpack?

cliokiz
30-03-2007, 12:33
I've got a spare one you can try if you want mate, but i'm not the closest person to you.. lol

AmDaMan
30-03-2007, 13:25
cheers mate just stuck one on that I found knocking about.

It's a Siemens one, the one I took off was a bendix. Seems ok at the moment though but I was hearing a squeeking noise from the dizzy cap and I can't remember hearing that so that may be related?

I'll see how this coilpack goes for now.

cheers.

cliokiz
30-03-2007, 13:34
Might be worth whipping that off then just for a gander!

Could probably do with replacing if they haven't been changed for a while.

AmDaMan
30-03-2007, 17:05
can you also explain why on a warm start my car runs funny? glug glug glug!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuP4Js42JtY

Does that for a bit then goes away?

I've cleaned all the points and ht points up and replaced the king lead as it has corroded! Maybe this was the problem.

AmDaMan
03-04-2007, 14:50
still seems to be jolting occasionally, starting to think it may be fuel related. Just happens in normal driving, like a missfire. It jolts like when you hit the limiter but it can happen anywhere in the rev range and at anytime.

Changed coilpack
Leads
Checked plugs
New fuel filter

seems odd.

cliokiz
03-04-2007, 15:13
One thing thats worth checking is whether your ECU is wet and whether any electrical connections are wet anywhere.

I had random misfires and i had a very strange violent rev limiter at 5k, and it turned out to be because some stuff was wet. Cleared up after a while though.

AmDaMan
03-04-2007, 16:49
yeah everything seems bone dry mate, bit of oil in the wells but plugs were dry.

dizzy cap was making a squeeking noise so did the arm just now..

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/774/img3738ko5.jpg

AmDaMan
04-04-2007, 22:26
omfg, it's still acting up..

It can be fine for ages then do it like twice in 20mins! :x I really don't know what to do now. It's so damn annoying though, it can happen anywhere in the rev rage and feels like a missfire or a violent rev limiter. If it does it while i'm gunning it it will usually make a loud pop or bang.

One of my injector plugs is slightly loose as the plastic has broke, but i've tried to secure this best I can and it seems ok the only other thing I can think of is the earths or fuel pump, but the earths look ok.

Any one have any ideas? Could it be any sensors? It only started after I did acceleration runs for about 10mins if that's any help?