PDA

View Full Version : Full Re-spray Advice

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 22:26
Because i'm condisering having a full re-spray in the near future i'm trying to get all the bit needed together so that theres no last minute rush.
Would it be advisable to remove the door piller stickers and also the Williams Kick Plate Stickers, and use some new uns after the re-spray? Is the paint more likely to flake off if it's only sprayed up to these parts if there masked off? May as-well do the job properly. Matt

Smudger
26-03-2007, 22:28
if it was me mate id relace all the bits that i could for new

i.e. bymper strips, door handles, door strips, winder rubbers, b piller stickers, williams stickers and kick plates to name but a few

its a shame to see cars repsrayed but old parts like these left looking rather dated and shabby

Coops
26-03-2007, 22:29
if ur going for proper job, i'd rip most of the trim off and replace everything i could afford to, its amazing how much nicer a few new trim parts can make a car look

Coops
26-03-2007, 22:29
am saving for new fogs, new headlights n indicators and new scuttle panel atm 8)

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 22:46
K guys....at the mo my list includes -
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
All Williams Stickers
Door Pillar Strips
Williams Kick Plates.

Hope that most of the rubbers will clean up ok...as there all pretty expensive from Renault. The Door Bump Strips could do with some TLC and the scuttle panel need sorting really, as well as the roof rails.

As mentioned though....seems stupid putting old stuff back onto a re-sprayed car.

cliokiz
26-03-2007, 22:46
Can you not just spray some black spraypaint on your old scuttle panel?

I've got some matt black spray in the garage, have considered giving that a go... lol

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 22:50
All ready have New-
Fogs
Front and Rear Lights + Side Repeaters
Number Plates
Wheels are going in for a re-furb soon too.

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 22:51
Can you not just spray some black spraypaint on your old scuttle panel?

I've got some matt black spray in the garage, have considered giving that a go... lol

Did that on my hybrid m8...did look good...but the paint started to peel off after a while. WD40 seems to bring them back to kind of half decent! :lol:

Justin..
26-03-2007, 23:05
am saving for new fogs, new headlights n indicators and new scuttle panel atm 8)

scuttle panel is £70 per half :shock: i recently bought them and new miirors which are near on the same price :shock: :oops:

Smudger
26-03-2007, 23:29
with regard to the scuttle panel, if you didnt want to pay for a brand new one but wanted one in better condition could you not take one from a later reg phase 2??

Justin..
26-03-2007, 23:31
^^ You could indeed, just aswell go for a Ph3 though!

Smudger
26-03-2007, 23:33
ahh wasnt sure on the pahse 3, get mixed up with what each one is

lol

well thats an option, what reg did the pahse 3 go up to?? v/w???

Justin..
26-03-2007, 23:35
R is the latest ive ever seen

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 23:36
Just have to visit a few scrap yard a I suppose to get one thats in good nic....last time I went there were all as faded and wethered as mine! :lol:

MattyH16valver
27-03-2007, 18:54
if it was me mate id relace all the bits that i could for new

i.e. bymper strips, door handles, door strips, winder rubbers, b piller stickers, williams stickers and kick plates to name but a few

its a shame to see cars repsrayed but old parts like these left looking rather dated and shabby

Whats the b piller stickers m8? :?

DaveH
27-03-2007, 18:58
I think he means the black vinyl looking material that covers the upper part of the b-pillar as they look crappy when they start to peel.

Rajk
29-03-2007, 19:53
use wd40 to clean the window rubbers, bring them back to life, old trick we used to do on hoses in engine bays, before shows. obviously let them dry properly otherwise will attract dirt very quickly