PDA

View Full Version : williams carpet, best way to clean?

summeh
26-03-2007, 20:54
I'll be putting all my interior back very soon, but want to have the carpet nice and clean first, at the moment it's quite dirty and has a few oil stains.

Whats the best way to clean the carpet and have it looking like brand new?

I was thinking just dunk it in the bath with washing powder, not sure if this will get the oil stains out though?

What have other people done?

MattyH16valver
26-03-2007, 21:02
How about some of that engine cleaner stuff to get the oil out? :)

FATBOY
26-03-2007, 21:07
use that carpet foam stuff that ya spray on leave for a minute then vac it off. other than that get a carpet steam cleaner???

schakal
26-03-2007, 21:16
lay it on the floor ,down on your knees and
brush clean it with some sort of detergant
i used daz ,lol :)
than rinse with a hose ,preferably a pressure
washer attached to it .

summeh
26-03-2007, 21:17
lol engine cleaner, pretty sure that'll take the dye with it ;)

Don't have access to a steam cleaner :cry:

Smokey McPot
26-03-2007, 21:28
lie it flat on the floor and hire a Rug Dr for £20 from Focus/Do it all and use that. Cant go wrong.

cliokiz
26-03-2007, 22:56
Bleach it and dye it blue again? :lol:

Lee Keefy
27-03-2007, 13:37
diluted traffic film remover in a bucket.pour it all over it and scrub with wooden bristle scrubbing brush.

then jet wash it and hang it over in half to drip dry.

old valeters tip!!!!! :wink:

Miss_ClioWilliams
27-03-2007, 16:29
Don't get it dirty in the 1st place :lol:

There's some carpet cleaning stuff in a pot you can buy what you mix with water, its fab. It bought the red carpet up in my 5 gleaming :lol: Buy some carpet fragrance too sprinkle on, hoover out. Jobs a good un. They'll smell you from miles away :roll:

summeh
27-03-2007, 22:38
cheers for the advice peeps... well i tried some washing powder and scrubbing, but that did nothing except knacker me out!

I had some Autoglym Hi Foam fabric cleaner in the garage which I forgot I had bought ages ago, omg it worked wonders, spray on, wipe off... my carpet now looks like brand new! :lol:

Allan
27-03-2007, 22:50
tis womens work is that mate should have got ali to do it :P

Miss_ClioWilliams
27-03-2007, 23:03

:shock: How dare thee

katbloke
28-03-2007, 19:50
meguiars apc, wouldnt recommend taking out of the car to wet wash or steam as could shrink or go outta shape and never refit properly, note the emphasis on could not deffo

Allan
28-03-2007, 21:06

:shock: How dare thee
:D

women the devils work (hoping people have seen the water boy)

Imperial_16v
29-03-2007, 09:53
I bought a Willy Carpet the other day and I spent the weekend cleaning it. Basically it took me 5 cans of the AMAZING AutoGlym Hi-Foam Shampoo (the foaming can stuff). Take a scrubbing brush and just keep going over the carpet till clean. Then hoover. Looks the nuts now. :)

Lee Keefy
29-03-2007, 12:14
meguiars apc, wouldnt recommend taking out of the car to wet wash or steam as could shrink or go outta shape and never refit properly, note the emphasis on could not deffo

never did for me in all my years of valeting,you shouldn't believe all you read on a tin!

companies try to make you believe their product is the ONLY one that will do the job :roll:

VIPERONE
29-03-2007, 12:43
i used washing powder and oxy cleaning powder... a large stiff brush and plenty of warm water... i know it didnt wok for you...but mine came up like new..

mike16valver
29-03-2007, 13:19
I suppose it depends on whats on the carpet, for the right stuff to use,

I used washing up powder and abit of varnish, cam out the DOGS B******

Smells and looks sweet as nut :)

summeh
29-03-2007, 14:28
I bought a Willy Carpet the other day and I spent the weekend cleaning it. Basically it took me 5 cans of the AMAZING AutoGlym Hi-Foam Shampoo (the foaming can stuff). Take a scrubbing brush and just keep going over the carpet till clean. Then hoover. Looks the nuts now. :)

5 cans !!!! bloody hell.

Wish I had taken a before/after photo the carpet, the difference is really quite something.

VIPERONE
29-03-2007, 15:58
can i mention that i spilt acid from a battery on to my carpet..my mint carpet..

now it has alopecia

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_121/hair_02.jpg

im trying to find some of that potion that i often see Shane Warne and Graheme Gooch advertising in the back of the daily Mirror..not had much luck

Rajk
29-03-2007, 19:23
in relation to this post^

check out Steve Maclarens hair do, he is kinda bald in the middle, saw it yesterday in the post - match interview. wierd!! :shock: