PDA

View Full Version : dashboard access

Scougar
23-03-2007, 20:22
hi guys :)

Just walking round engine bay tonight, and noticed that the wire to the fan was snapped (hence why my fan never came on *sigh*). So had to cut the connector sheath right back to get access to the wire.. then added and etc piece of wire in to even the length up and soldered it up, then insulated it :)

The temp gauge still didn't move until i tapped the plastic across the top. I looked closer, and it looks like since someone has put aftermarket white dials in, it's not on quite right, and looks like it may be jamming the arm.

Question finally > How do I remove the screen/dials so I can adjust this please? (haynes manual is 25 miles away in my new house lol).

Matthew

stan
23-03-2007, 21:09
Take the top dash panel off, and theres 2/3 nuts holding the clocks in. remove these, unplug speedo cable and wires, and jobs a good un!

Scougar
24-03-2007, 10:13
Managed to do it before anyone posted. I had thought it was the temp gauge backing that was stopping the needle from moving, but after 2 attempts its seems like it is just broken :(

Matthew

Coops
24-03-2007, 12:54
my old valver had white dials that resulted in same thing, temp needle snapped and as i was young n stupid then it combined with none working fan and eventually blew my hg! doh

get some nice new normal clocks, much better! 8)

Scougar
25-03-2007, 23:43
I have the oringal black items thankfully :)

May give them a go :)

Matthew