PDA

View Full Version : blowers not working

chop_suey83
23-03-2007, 17:30
hello, can any one help with my double whammy car heater problem?
The first problem is that the air comming through the blowers is cold, i've heared this is probably the heater matrix, but how hard is this to change? i know the dash has to come off, is that a real nightmare?

second problem is that for most of the time the blowers dont even work! somtimes they do, but very rarely. it seems to me like its a loose connection somwhere, but i was wondering if this was a common problem, or if there was an obvious place to start looking?

pls help, i am so so cold!

thx

Smudger
23-03-2007, 17:42
easy option is wear another jumper ;)

fan never worked and i bought the car in september last year. its been cold but not that bad

lol

fan problem is probably a bad connection on the back of the switch. they have a tendancy of melting apparently

Mr.AdamB
23-03-2007, 19:31
take off the front plastic where the wipers are, put ure hand in there and pull the plug out its probably melted as all my clios have had them melt.. + half the 1s in the scrappy had melted as well stupid renaults.

just go scrapyard and cut 1 off and wire it back on. sorted.

MAXIBOY
23-03-2007, 19:35
before you change the heater matrix is the engine getting hot/up to temp.

chop_suey83
23-03-2007, 22:31
thanks. i took the switches out and it looks like one has melted, all brown, nice!

as for the engine, yes its getting up to temp fine.

thx for help

Dancliovalver
23-03-2007, 22:44
easy mate how u doin???

you got any cripms to sort your connection out, if not send me a PM and i will drop you some round with a crimper tool tomorrow :D

MAXIBOY
23-03-2007, 23:19
engine temp is fine then prob a blocked matrix as you guessed. dash is fiddly not a major pain though there are a few difficult to find screws. should be able to do it in a day first time out.